LA: Gun v machete

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

LA: Gun v machete

Post by ELB »

Last edited by ELB on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LA: Gun v machete

Post by C-dub »

Interesting situation. He'll leave if given back his machete. What was he planning on doing if he didn't get the machete back since he was facing an employee with a machete and another customer with a gun? If he would have attacked two armed people and was shot, cut, stabbed, or killed I wonder what would happen to the employee and customer?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Merritt allegedly told the employee he'd leave if given back his machete, according to Rivarde. The employee handed back the blade, and Merritt fled the store, dropping his wallet.
LOL, Merritt needs a few years in prison to figure his life out.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

I cannot imagine giving that guy his machete back after he threatened to kill me and it took a guy with a gun to make him behave. :banghead:
USAF 1982-2005

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

ELB wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am I cannot imagine giving that guy his machete back after he threatened to kill me and it took a guy with a gun to make him behave. :banghead:
I think I'd tell him to ask the police for it.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”