TX: Pizza Hut gal rousts robbers with mezzaluna

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Pizza Hut gal rousts robbers with mezzaluna

Post by ELB »

I didn't know the word "mezzaluna" existed before I read this.

Three guys with a crowbar invade Pizza Hut to rob it. One guy goes into the kitchen and assaults a female employee who is holding a "mezzaluna-type pizza cutter" (basically a sword-size knife with a big curved belly and a handle on each end), dragging the employee and the cutter to the floor. Another female picks up the knife, the robber tries to grab it, she dodges and cocks her arm back as if to chop and ends up chasing all three robbers out of the store.

Good on her.

Police looking to charge the robbers with aggravated robbery when they find them.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/pizz ... zza-cutter

USAF 1982-2005

oljames3

Re: TX: Pizza Hut gal rousts robbers with mezzaluna

Post by oljames3 »

Pizza place robber attempts foiled by employees are not uncommon. John Corriea, Active Self Protection, has reviewed several.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ActiveSelfPro ... uery=pizza
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Mike S

Re: TX: Pizza Hut gal rousts robbers with mezzaluna

Post by Mike S »

ELB wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:06 am Three guys with a crowbar invade Pizza Hut to rob it. One guy goes into the kitchen and assaults a female employee who is holding a "mezzaluna-type pizza cutter" (basically a sword-size knife with a big curved belly and a handle on each end), dragging the employee and the cutter to the floor. Another female picks up the knife, the robber tries to grab it, she dodges and cocks her arm back as if to chop and ends up ......
I guess it ended well enough, but I was smiling as I read this sentence, thinking it was going to end with the attacker's hand chopped off...

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”