Not only in Houston

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

Not only in Houston

Post by stever1950 »

"Montgomery County Deputies responded to a report of shots fired at the US Post Office on Gosling and Panther Creek Pines Tuesday afternoon. In what appeared to be a robbery attempt by a juvenile teen a CHL carrier who was in the parking lot saw what was transpiring and intervened, When the suspect pointed a weapon at the CHL holder he fired three rounds. The suspect fled into the area of the apartments behind the Post Office. Nobody was hit or injured. "
Reported by The Montgomery County Police Reporter, 10/27/2020

We have lots of stuff going on here, but this is the first I've seen involving a license holder. They don't mention any distances, but I would think he could have at least one good shot.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

oljames3

Re: Not only in Houston

Post by oljames3 »

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Commas are important.

howdy

Post by howdy »

Any problem with a gun on post office property?
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

howdy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 am Any problem with a gun on post office property?
If I understand correctly it's a felony! When I go to the post office I park in a nearby parking lot, disarm and walk over to the post office!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”