LINKS Today's Bill Text etc

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

LINKS Today's Bill Text etc

Post by NotRPB »

Providing Link to search bills filed "today"

Today's Bill Text
Report Date: 11/14/2016
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Reports/Re ... aybilltext

then hit CTRL F and search gun to see what was filed today with gun in the title

several bills filed today regarding guns

Bill Search
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
Drop Down Box to 85(R) 2017
Rafael Anchia ‏@RafaelAnchia 2h2 hours ago
It's that time. Today I proudly filed legislation dealing with gun safety, environmental protection and criminal justice reform. #txlege

tornado
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LINKS Today's Bill Text etc

Post by tornado »

HB 291 aka "no open carry in Dallas" (the only city in Texas with a population between 1.2-1.4 M). "rlol"

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Here is my take:

HB 191 by Bernal - Bad - Makes all 30.0x signs 8.5x11

HB 246 by Anchia - Bad - If I read this correctly gives gun buster signs that say "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code, Concealed Carry of Handguns Prohibited" or "Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code, Open Carry of Handguns Prohibited" in 1" text the force of law.

HB 255 by Anchia - Bad - Allows more government entities to post 30.06/07 signs. Seems to want to give cover for government owned stadiums and locations where sporting events and concerts happen so that they can be posted all the time when the sporting events aren't taking place.

HB 282 by Anchia - Bad - Allows opt out for public institutions from Campus Carry.

HB 291 by Johnson of Dallas - Bad - eliminates open carry in municipalities of 1.2-1.4 million people (A.K.A. Dallas)

HB 234 by Anchia - Bad - Limits complaints filed for wrongful exclusion of a license holder to properties owned or leased and occupied by a government entity, completely exempting all "arms length" lease agreements.

SB 86 by Hall - Good - Limits the liability of property owners who do not restrict the carry of handguns on their property by LTC holders.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

tornado wrote:HB 291 aka "no open carry in Dallas" (the only city in Texas with a population between 1.2-1.4 M). "rlol"
That one will be DOA for sure.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

tornado

Post by tornado »

Don't forget to also look for 'firearm.' I missed a few my first go-round.

So. Many. Laughably. Bad. Bills.

george72

Post by george72 »

Wow, just wow at Anchia.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Dang, I didn't think they got started this early last time. HB282 needs to die early.

Haven't finished reading these yet, but initially I like the ideas - http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/85 ... 00093I.htm
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/85 ... 00131I.htm

Holding real judgement until I read more about them and their authors
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

doncb

Post by doncb »

Papa_Tiger wrote:Here is my take:
HB 191 by Bernal - Bad - Makes all 30.0x signs 8.5x11
Counter bill: All 30.06 and 30.07 must be a minimum size of 24" by 36" and must be displayed on the front door of the establishment. No other location will be authorized.Instead of just English and Spanish on the signs, the signs must include ALL languages that are spoken in Texas. Otherwise it is considered discrimination.

HB 246 by Anchia - Bad - If I read this correctly gives gun buster signs that say "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code, Concealed Carry of Handguns Prohibited" or "Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code, Open Carry of Handguns Prohibited" in 1" text the force of law.
Counter bill: See revised HB191.

HB 234 by Anchia - Bad - Limits complaints filed for wrongful exclusion of a license holder to properties owned or leased and occupied by a government entity, completely exempting all "arms length" lease agreements.[/quote]
Counter bill: Makes government entities liable for any postings by a lessee regardless of lease.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

HB339 - GOOD - Relating to the removal of a fee for the issuance of an original, duplicate, modified, or renewed license to carry a handgun.

HB356 - Relating to the carrying of concealed or holstered handguns by certain handgun license holders attending a meeting of the board of trustees of a school district or the governing body of an open-enrollment charter school. - This bill allows board of trustees and superintendent to carry at board of trustees meetings for open-enrollment charter schools. It should be amended to allow ALL persons to carry at board of trustees meetings.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

HB 372 - GOOD - Modifies the LTC proficiency minimum caliber to .22
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

nlyric

Post by nlyric »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Dang, I didn't think they got started this early last time. HB282 needs to die early.

Haven't finished reading these yet, but initially I like the ideas - http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/85 ... 00093I.htm
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/85 ... 00131I.htm

Holding real judgement until I read more about them and their authors
Any 10th amendment bills are dangerous to the people. And political pandering, risking entrapment of the people.. Look what just happened in Kansas, and it is a felony charge to enforce fed gun law in their 2A protection act.. Passed overwhelmingly but crickets from the AG and legislature as 2 citizens were convicted in a federal court there this week.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”