Warning -- Please read!!!

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Warning -- Please read!!!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm so mad right now it's hard to type and dictating would be futile. It's all I can do not to delete a Member and all of his posts, but I'm posting this instead.

Every legislative session we see new people joining the Forum and inactive Members starting to post. Many are nothing more than keyboard Rambos who do absolutely nothing for gun owners. They sit on their butts and launch false attacks against people who actually work hard on Second Amendment issues and whose accomplishments have made a big difference in the lives of gun owners. They remind me of spoiled children whose parents work hard to buy them Christmas presents, but rather than appreciating what has been done for them, they complain because they didn't get everything they ever wanted. They care about one and only one issue and anyone who doesn't live and breath that same issue is a target for their childish attacks and recrimination. When someone notes that a bill on their sole issue cannot pass, they launch into yet more false allegations.

Well it isn't going to happen this legislative session. Anyone who makes false accusations or insinuations against the NRA, TSRA, Alice Tripp or me will be gone without any warning whatsoever. Any Member who makes personal attacks against any other Member who doesn't go along with their view of legislative priorities and possibilities will be gone without warning. Such Members offer nothing constructive to the Forum and this is not the venue for ranting. Find another place to whine and if you really want to find someone who values your opinion, then look in the mirror.

Yeah, I'm mad, but I mean every word. And no, I'm not referencing Steveincowtown. He and I are having a respectful discussion.
Chas.

K.Mooneyham

Re: Warning -- Please read!!!

Post by K.Mooneyham »

:thumbs2:

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

ImageLike
TSRA Life Memeber

Steve5115

Post by Steve5115 »

:thumbsup:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

This has been an ongoing issue.

I agree that :smash: is the proper solution.

More gradual corrective action simply takes lots more effort over time and usually ends in the same place anyway.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

Read and agree.
NRA Benefactor Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I fully agree Charles, I have no problem with people expressing ideas, debating topics, or even disagreeing with me or other members on the forum, when these things become personal attacks, or the antithesis, for the overall betterment of LTC holders, their rights, or their choices, then, it needs to be stopped.

Thanks for all you do, and have done for expanding our rights in the legislature, the general public, and with the NRA, TSRC, and all other organizations and groups you are part of.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Thank you Charles. Challenging each other's opinions makes for good discourse, but it must be done in an open and respectful manner. We appreciate all that you and the other mods do for this forum to keep it in shape!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

And that's as it should be Charles. I have been a member here almost since the beginning and the reason I stay is the respectful way the members discuss an issue. Now, I don't expect everyone to agree with me on every issue, and we can agree to disagree peacefully, but there is no place for personal attacks or attacks on NRA, TSRA or any other pro 2A group that is helping to advance our cause on this forum. Charles, all of the moderators, and members have made this forum what it was intended for, A place where like minded people from all walks of life can come together and discuss a common subject without profanity and negativity.
It is sad that there are those that want to come in and try to disrupt what has been built.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Charles,

Thanks. In another thread, you used the term "Statesman." That is the way we need to conduct ourselves if we are to accomplish anything to further our rights. Contrary to what some may think, personal attacks and inaccurate information usually end up hurting much more than they help. We all need to understand that politics is the art of the possible and that in order to achieve our goals, we frequently need to rely on incrementalism.

Here's to a productive and civil 2017 legislative session.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

:iagree: with Charles.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”