SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

Post by TresHuevos »

tomneal wrote:
Ah, but the government gets to add even more citizens to the fingerprint database.
Fingerprints are old tech. Now, "THEY" are moving towards collecting DNA on citizens.
When I was in the Army I became convinced that after the third time they took a DNA sample from me they were just trying to clone me in order to create a master race of super soldiers. :lol:
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Texbow
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texbow »

What would be the expected date of implementation when/if SB 16 is passed? Sorry I'm not familiar with the process. I remember that when open carry passed it had a delayed effective date. Thanks for any info.

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Texbow wrote:What would be the expected date of implementation when/if SB 16 is passed? Sorry I'm not familiar with the process. I remember that when open carry passed it had a delayed effective date. Thanks for any info.
According to the bill:
SECTION 14. Except as otherwise provided by this Act, this Act takes effect September 1, 2017.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

TresHuevos wrote:
tomneal wrote:
Ah, but the government gets to add even more citizens to the fingerprint database.
Fingerprints are old tech. Now, "THEY" are moving towards collecting DNA on citizens.
When I was in the Army I became convinced that after the third time they took a DNA sample from me they were just trying to clone me in order to create a master race of super soldiers. :lol:
you'd think it would be easier to just add a third one to all the guys who only have two...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Placed on the intent calendar for Wednesday 3/22

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

Am I interpreting the bill correctly that they are also attempting to remove the additional $100 fee for being a LTC instructor?
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

kg5ie wrote:Am I interpreting the bill correctly that they are also attempting to remove the additional $100 fee for being a LTC instructor?
Nope. The only thing this affects is the cost to apply for a License to Carry. The committee substitute bill reduces the base fee for a first time application from $140 to $40 and the cost of a renewal from $70 to $40. The other changes the bill makes to the language of the law essentially have no effect on the current pricing for any other class of person wishing to apply for an LTC.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 3

Post by locke_n_load »

Passed the House. License will cost $40 through the state starting September 1st.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Flightmare »

locke_n_load wrote:Passed the House. License will cost $40 through the state starting September 1st.
I think we're just waiting on Gov. Abbot's signature to make it "official".
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

There will be a lot of people who wouldn't spring for $140 that will get their LTC now. Our combined voice is going to get bigger.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

:biggrinjester: Thats great. Can I expect a refund???? :biggrinjester: I'm glad to see it reduced; Maybe there will be more LTC after it becomes official.
Just some guy's opinion.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Flightmare wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:Passed the House. License will cost $40 through the state starting September 1st.
I think we're just waiting on Gov. Abbot's signature to make it "official".
Senate still has to concur with making LTC free for Peace Officers, if they do, it is off to the Governor's Desk. If not, it is off to conference committee.

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TrueFlog »

It looks like it was amended by the House today, so it will have to go back to the Senate - http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... &Bill=SB16

According to another thread on this board, the amendment reduces the cost even further, to $15 - http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 016H21.PDF

tx85
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tx85 »

TrueFlog wrote:According to another thread on this board, the amendment reduces the cost even further, to $15 - http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 016H21.PDF
That's not what the amendment does. It eliminates the fee for peace officers. It's still $40 for the rest of us.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Flightmare »

TrueFlog wrote:It looks like it was amended by the House today, so it will have to go back to the Senate - http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... &Bill=SB16

According to another thread on this board, the amendment reduces the cost even further, to $15 - http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 016H21.PDF
411.1991 pertains to current peace officers. Their current fee was $25. This amendment allows the department to waive the fee for them.

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government- ... -1991.html
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”