How do you like my new signature line?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Re: How do you like my new signature line?

Post by jason812 »

Looks like DeWayne Burns is on board but I'm confused about his office writing the bill. Do the reps share offices and office people? I left the aide's name and number out of the quote.
Thank you for reaching out to us about HB 560 in the Texas House of Representatives. Our office actually drafted, authored and filed this bill for this upcoming session. We are very excited to see that you support this bill and hope that you will reach out to other members of the community to show your support!

Please give our office a call if you have any questions or if we can be of any assistance in the future,

| Legislative Aide

State Representative DeWayne Burns

HD - 58 | Bosque & Johnson Counties
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

jason812 wrote:Looks like DeWayne Burns is on board but I'm confused about his office writing the bill. Do the reps share offices and office people? I left the aide's name and number out of the quote.
Thank you for reaching out to us about HB 560 in the Texas House of Representatives. Our office actually drafted, authored and filed this bill for this upcoming session. We are very excited to see that you support this bill and hope that you will reach out to other members of the community to show your support!

Please give our office a call if you have any questions or if we can be of any assistance in the future,

| Legislative Aide

That is confusing. :headscratch

To avoid further confusion, here is the original thread discussing the topic of HB560. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... Holy+grail
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jason812 wrote:Looks like DeWayne Burns is on board but I'm confused about his office writing the bill. Do the reps share offices and office people? I left the aide's name and number out of the quote.

| Legislative Aide

No, they don't share staff. I'm pretty sure the staffer has his bill numbers crossed. Rep. Burns is strongly pro-gun.

Chas.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

| Legislative Aide

No, they don't share staff. I'm pretty sure the staffer has his bill numbers crossed. Rep. Burns is strongly pro-gun.

Chas.

I emailed back asking for clarification, will update when I get a response. It's good to know the Mr. Burns is pro gun.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jason812 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

| Legislative Aide

Chas.

I emailed back asking for clarification, will update when I get a response. It's good to know the Mr. Burns is pro gun.
Rep. Burns is carrying a very important bill for gun owners.

Chas.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I sent an email to my Rep Dennis Paul. I am awaiting a response.

I am sad to admit that I had to look up who my Texas House Rep was... While attempting to find his voting record on 2A I found this: [bogus Second Amendment organization deleted].
Gives me hope for his response. We'll see I guess.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

allisji

Post by allisji »

Pariah3j wrote:I sent an email to my Rep Dennis Paul. I am awaiting a response.

I am sad to admit that I had to look up who my Texas House Rep was... While attempting to find his voting record on 2A I found this: h[bogus Second Amendment organization deleted].

How did you find his email address... I had trouble finding a way to contact him other than phone for snail mail. Ultimately I found a "Send a Message to the office of State Rep Dennis Paul" form on his campaign website and I used that.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

allisji wrote:

I am sad to admit that I had to look up who my Texas House Rep was... While attempting to find his voting record on 2A I found this: [bogus Second Amendment organization deleted].

How did you find his email address... I had trouble finding a way to contact him other than phone for snail mail. Ultimately I found a "Send a Message to the office of State Rep Dennis Paul" form on his campaign website and I used that.
I used the 'email' button from the http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/me ... strict=129 site.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

allisji

Post by allisji »

Pariah3j wrote:
allisji wrote:

I used the 'email' button from the http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/me ... strict=129 site.
d'oh. now I see it right next to his picture.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Good to know my link I found was bogus :oops:

Anyone know a good site that reviews Texas reps and or their voting records ?

Anyone know Dennis Paul's stance on 2A ?

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Wall »

I know my State Rep. will be for it and I don't even need to ask. I will send him a little note just so he knows how one of his constituents feels. :lol:

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

Since my rep co-authored the OC bill, I assume I am safe. I really do like Jeff Leach. He should be one that we advance up the ladder if he is willing.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

(sigh) My state rep is Donna Howard, who's sponsoring legislation to allow public colleges & universities to prohibit campus carry, and also wants to make hospitals & nursing homes automatically off-limits. I wrote to her asking for support for HB560, but I haven't received any response and I'm not holding my breath …
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

allisji

Post by allisji »

der Teufel wrote:(sigh) My state rep is Donna Howard, who's sponsoring legislation to allow public colleges & universities to prohibit campus carry, and also wants to make hospitals & nursing homes automatically off-limits. I wrote to her asking for support for HB560, but I haven't received any response and I'm not holding my breath …
good work :thumbs2:
LTC since 2015

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Emailed my Rep today with the following:
Mr. Tinderholt,
I am writing today to ask you to lend your support to Rep. Springer's HB560 by co-sponsoring the bill.
As a new resident to Texas in 2016, coming from anti-2nd Amendment state of Illinois, I am enjoying the freedom that Texas allows its law abiding citizens who have obtained a Texas License to Carry a Handgun.
Here is a link to the Texas Firearms Coalition website's page about HB560 that outlines why I and many other Texans believe that TX LTC holders should have less restrictions on where we are allowed to carry our self defense handguns.
https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... since-2007

Please add your support to HB560.

Respectfully,
(my name)
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”