HB560 Hats & T-Shirts?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: HB560 Hats & T-Shirts?

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:At this point, both the hat and t-shirt would have something like this:

"HB560
The most important self-defense bill in 10 years." It will also have the URL for the Texas Firearms Coalition.

I'm going to have information cards printed through VistaPrint with the talking points. I was going to go with business card size, but now I'm going to go with a medium post card size to allow for more information without having to use tiny font.

All this said, 144 people have read this thread and only 12 have indicated an interest. I'm not going to buy a bunch of shirts and hats only to throw them away after the session is over. If interest picks up, I'll pursue it.

Thanks,
Chas.
I'm more interested in a hand-out or mailer.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Scott65
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott65 »

I'm in for a hat and shirt.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

E.Marquez wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:At this point, both the hat and t-shirt would have something like this:

"HB560
The most important self-defense bill in 10 years." It will also have the URL for the Texas Firearms Coalition.

I'm going to have information cards printed through VistaPrint with the talking points. I was going to go with business card size, but now I'm going to go with a medium post card size to allow for more information without having to use tiny font.

All this said, 144 people have read this thread and only 12 have indicated an interest. I'm not going to buy a bunch of shirts and hats only to throw them away after the session is over. If interest picks up, I'll pursue it.

Thanks,
Chas.
Mr Cotton, would you be willing to post up the information card anyway? Even if not in conjunction with hats and shirts... it might prove useful at no cost other then your time to write it up and post.
I for one would like to have and be able to refer to set of vetted and common pro HB560 talking points. :tiphat:
I am going to order the postcard size information cards. The downside is that I'll have to mail them to anyone that wants cards. I'd like to get tables at gun shows to distribute them, but there no time in my schedule to do it.

Hopefully, LTC instructors are willing to mail them to your former students and give them to your current students.

Chas.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

Count me in for T shirt and hat.
NRA Life Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:

"HB560

Thanks,
Chas.
Mr Cotton, would you be willing to post up the information card anyway? Even if not in conjunction with hats and shirts... it might prove useful at no cost other then your time to write it up and post.
I for one would like to have and be able to refer to set of vetted and common pro HB560 talking points. :tiphat:
I am going to order the postcard size information cards. The downside is that I'll have to mail them to anyone that wants cards. I'd like to get tables at gun shows to distribute them, but there no time in my schedule to do it.

Hopefully, LTC instructors are willing to mail them to your former students and give them to your current students.

Chas.
If it weren't for that pesky privacy stuff the DPS could provide you a list of LTC holders to mail a flyer to!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Kkpsiknl

Post by Kkpsiknl »

I'm in.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Since I wear Company Shirts, I would not be a good walking billboard most of the time but I would still buy a shirt and hat to contribute to the cause.
Just some guy's opinion.

artx

Post by artx »

I'm in for a hat and shirt. I'd wear it mainly at matches this spring. Should generate interest.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: I am going to order the postcard size information cards. The downside is that I'll have to mail them to anyone that wants cards. I'd like to get tables at gun shows to distribute them, but there no time in my schedule to do it.

Chas.
One of my ranges is just down the street from TFC HQ (at the VFW).... may I stop in and pick one up?

Heck, if you work out of the office, can I stop by and take you to lunch?
Though Im mostly up there on weekends teaching class, I get up there weekdays as well to service bikes or teach a weekday class.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

E.Marquez wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote: I am going to order the postcard size information cards. The downside is that I'll have to mail them to anyone that wants cards. I'd like to get tables at gun shows to distribute them, but there no time in my schedule to do it.

Chas.
One of my ranges is just down the street from TFC HQ (at the VFW).... may I stop in and pick one up?

Heck, if you work out of the office, can I stop by and take you to lunch?
Though Im mostly up there on weekends teaching class, I get up there weekdays as well to service bikes or teach a weekday class.
Sorry, I'm in Friendswoods, not Dallas.

Chas.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Sorry, I'm in Friendswoods, not Dallas.

Chas.
Well thats embarrassing
A quick look at Google maps, and i realized it was the Texas Rifle Association i was seeing at a glance as I whizzed by, not TFC
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Shadow41

Post by Shadow41 »

Count me in

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Count me n for a shirt and hat. My "Longmire for President" and "Member of Obama's Enemy List" are gear is just about worn out!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

I'm in for a bumper sticker & hat.
Also, if you format a PDF file for letter sized printout that we could print ourselves, cut into half sized sheets as handouts, it would avoid all the printing, mailing, and labor costs on your end
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

I'm in for a hat and shirt. Probably several of each.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”