SB4-Sanctuary City ban

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 9

Re: SB4-Sanctuary City ban

Post by twomillenium »

"undocumented immigrants" Have to lie to join the military, legal immigrants do not have to lie. Some of these folks are trying to give the illegal alien every right to stay, when they started their stay by committing a felony. I am not talking about the young children that came with their parents, but those children should not be an excuse to allow parents to stay.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Glad they voted against the amendment on the amendment that supports illegal aliens.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

"do it for Charlie!"

uh, I missed something....who's Charlie?
I've been listening to this whine fest all day.....I need some wine....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Glad they voted against the amendment on the amendment that supports illegal aliens.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Oh and by the way illegal aliens are not constituents, they are felons.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Flightmare »

twomillenium wrote:Oh and by the way illegal aliens are not constituents, they are felons.
With all the anti-gun/pro-criminal legislation some of these people are sponsoring down in Austin. Some of them may consider criminals to be their key constituents.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

She is speaking as a woman of wisdom in her own mind where she is also a legend.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

The bill is not about immigrants, it is about illegal aliens.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

twomillenium wrote:Are they are talking about excluding illegal aliens who serve or served in military or first responder positions? Wouldn't the illegal alien have to lie about their status to join or become a first responder? I think they talking because they like to hear their own voices.

It's not necessary to be a citizen to join the US Armed Forces. Not sure what you have to say when you join. Not sure what's asked.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Mr Speaker, I wish to raise a point of order!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

der Teufel wrote:
twomillenium wrote:Are they are talking about excluding illegal aliens who serve or served in military or first responder positions? Wouldn't the illegal alien have to lie about their status to join or become a first responder? I think they talking because they like to hear their own voices.

It's not necessary to be a citizen to join the US Armed Forces. Not sure what you have to say when you join. Not sure what's asked.
Never ever did I say or imply that you had to be a citizen, but you do have to swear under penalty of perjury that you are LEGAL.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I just threw up in my mouth.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

twomillenium wrote:
der Teufel wrote:

Never ever did I say or imply that you had to be a citizen, but you do have to swear under penalty of perjury that you are LEGAL.
Correct. You also may not (legally) join the US military if you are illegally in the country. You would have to perjure yourself somewhere in the enlistment papers when asked about your citizenship/residence status. And you can never be an officer without first being a citizen.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Doh!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Flightmare »

I gave up watching after several hours. Couldn't take too much more.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”