What is CSHB 1911?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

What is CSHB 1911?

Post by RPBrown »

I received a tweet from Alice Tripp about CSHB 1911 and she thanks Charles for his assistance. I cannot locate any information on this. Anyone know what it is?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

steveincowtown
Banned

Re: What is CSHB 1911?

Post by steveincowtown »

RPBrown wrote:I received a tweet from Alice Tripp about CSHB 1911 and she thanks Charles for his assistance. I cannot locate any information on this. Anyone know what it is?

Just HB1911, not sure why she put the CS in front of it.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

CSHB refers to a Committee Substitute. It is a replacement version of the bill accepted by the committee that held hearings on the bill that changes the wording from the initially filed version to something else.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

More deep state nonsense. It's a bill requiring all Glock owners to reduce capacity and increase carry weight by turning in their guns in exchange for steel-framed 7+1 round 1911s. :mrgreen:

"rlol"

:leaving
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jminn1

Post by jminn1 »

TAM - That's 8+1 to you, pilgrim! Gov'mnt model!
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Papa_Tiger wrote:CSHB refers to a Committee Substitute. It is a replacement version of the bill accepted by the committee that held hearings on the bill that changes the wording from the initially filed version to something else.
Correct. Also, a committee substitute bill is tendered during a committee meeting, as C.S.H.B1911 will be when it is heard next week. However, it will not be available on the Legislative website until/unless the Committee votes it favorably. Otherwise, it is not available to the public.

I did not write HB1911, or did I write C.S.H.B. 1911. I helped others on the Bill.

Chas.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

The Annoyed Man wrote:More deep state nonsense. It's a bill requiring all Glock owners to reduce capacity and increase carry weight by turning in their guns in exchange for steel-framed 7+1 round 1911s. :mrgreen:

"rlol"

:leaving
"rlol"
Charlie

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jminn1 wrote:TAM - That's 8+1 to you, pilgrim! Gov'mnt model!
Not in GI configuration! My 1943 Ithaca 1911A1 — manufactured just 32 years after John Moses Browning's design was accepted by the gov't, came only with 7 round GI mags. If they are 8+1 now, it is a poorly disguised attempt to become more Glock-like. :smilelol5: "rlol"

Dang whippersnappers!

OK, I'm done hijacking the thread. :thumbs2:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Alf

Post by Alf »

Papa_Tiger wrote:CSHB refers to a Committee Substitute. It is a replacement version of the bill accepted by the committee that held hearings on the bill that changes the wording from the initially filed version to something else.
Do the people testifying today get to see a copy of the substitute bill before they speak?

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

The 1911 hearing just finished. 1911 was withdrawn and left pending. Not sure about 375.
-Ruark

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

Ruark wrote:The 1911 hearing just finished. 1911 was withdrawn and left pending.
Is that normal? Encouraging? A bad sign?

They voted on the morning drone bill before adjourning.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Alf wrote:
Do the people testifying today get to see a copy of the substitute bill before they speak?
No.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Lambda Force wrote:
Ruark wrote:The 1911 hearing just finished. 1911 was withdrawn and left pending.
This is the regular procedure. Bills are almost always left pending after the first hearing and voted on the next week or even later, if at all. Committee substitutes are not published unit/unless the Bill is voted on in committee. The minimum week between the first hearing and voting gives time to work on bill changes to get the votes to pass it out of committee.

Chas.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Lambda Force wrote:
This is the regular procedure. Bills are almost always left pending after the first hearing and voted on the next week or even later, if at all. Committee substitutes are not published unit/unless the Bill is voted on in committee. The minimum week between the first hearing and voting gives time to work on bill changes to get the votes to pass it out of committee.

Chas.
This is why the legislative process is referred to as sausage making
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

I see that the committee met today, any movement in 1911?i was asleep most of the day because I'm on nights right now
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”