HB1911 and HB375 Editorial Opinion

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 3

Re: HB1911 and HB375 Editorial Opinion

Post by Papa_Tiger »

He wasn't testifying as a member of Texas Gun Sense. Just as a private citizen and the owner of Safety Matters. He might not have permission from the other organizations he is a member of to testify, or he just might not want to.

Just because I'm a member of a church doesn't mean that I represent them if I give legal testimony.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TVGuy »

Papa_Tiger wrote:He wasn't testifying as a member of Texas Gun Sense. Just as a private citizen and the owner of Safety Matters. He might not have permission from the other organizations he is a member of to testify, or he just might not want to.

Just because I'm a member of a church doesn't mean that I represent them if I give legal testimony.
He isn't just a member, but on the board of a group that has a direct interest in the bill/matter about which he was testifying.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

TVGuy wrote:
Papa_Tiger wrote:He wasn't testifying as a member of Texas Gun Sense. Just as a private citizen and the owner of Safety Matters. He might not have permission from the other organizations he is a member of to testify, or he just might not want to.

He isn't just a member, but on the board of a group that has a direct interest in the bill/matter about which he was testifying.
Charles is on the NRA board. There are many times he speaks where he is not representing them. He may not be authorized to speak on their behalf in those cases. But he can speak on his own behalf and any organization he is in control of.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

Maybe we should start running false flag operations like this. It seems to work for the statists.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Flightmare wrote:
TVGuy wrote:

Charles is on the NRA board. There are many times he speaks where he is not representing them. He may not be authorized to speak on their behalf in those cases. But he can speak on his own behalf and any organization he is in control of.
Charles also makes it clear that he does not speak for the NRA except when he is authorized to. I do not know about the by-laws and authority the Texas Gun Sense Board Member is bound by but he may have provided a similar disclaimer as Charles does (I have even joked with Charles about his disclaimer prior to recording him as a guest on my podcast).
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Papa_Tiger »

G.A. Heath wrote:Charles also makes it clear that he does not speak for the NRA except when he is authorized to. I do not know about the by-laws and authority the Texas Gun Sense Board Member is bound by but he may have provided a similar disclaimer as Charles does (I have even joked with Charles about his disclaimer prior to recording him as a guest on my podcast).
Mr. Camacho did not make any disclaimers in his testimony. The entirety of his testimony is transcribed above. I wasn't aware he was on the board of that Bloomberg group until someone brought it up.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

Cops and ex-cops are the biggest statists around. Rules for me and not for thee is SOP for that bunch. Doesn't surprise me one bit he's on the board of an anti group too.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

baseballguy2001 wrote:Cops and ex-cops are the biggest statists around. Rules for me and not for thee is SOP for that bunch. Doesn't surprise me one bit he's on the board of an anti group too.
Some cops, sure. All the ones I know advocate 2nd amendment rights and actually like to see citizens carry all the time.

At least around here I don't feel the slightest bit intimidated. If I stepped out of line I'd take a ride and face a judge - but that's justice. No problem with that.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

For a police officer Mr. Camacho is not very articulate. The panel may not have known he was connected to gun sense.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TVGuy wrote:I don't believe he is very intelligent. On his company's Facebook page he uses an article about a crazy man that took a LEO's gun and shot him with it as "proof" that we need background checks.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/safetymeasu ... e_internal

See post on April 4 about "New Mexico man accused of shooting deputy claims he is Jesus"
Is he proposing background checks on LEO's to make sure they have a sufficient amount of situational awareness? That is the only thing that would have helped in this case.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TVGuy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:I don't believe he is very intelligent. On his company's Facebook page he uses an article about a crazy man that took a LEO's gun and shot him with it as "proof" that we need background checks.

See post on April 4 about "New Mexico man accused of shooting deputy claims he is Jesus"
Is he proposing background checks on LEO's to make sure they have a sufficient amount of situational awareness? That is the only thing that would have helped in this case.
Good point, very true.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Maybe he's proposing LEO not carry guns. You can't be shot with your own gun if you don't have one. :thumbs2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

ninjabread wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Maybe he's proposing LEO not carry guns. You can't be shot with your own gun if you don't have one. :thumbs2:

I think he believes that a criminal won't try to take the weapon if he knows he will have to wait until he passes a background check, to do so. Because criminals always obey the law.

:banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

The fact he's only had someone at gunpoint while on-duty twice in 8 years on the job makes me question his level of experience in the first place. That just doesn't add up to me.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”