Sunday, May 28, 2017 (139th day)

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mdubtx
Posts in topic: 1

Sunday, May 28, 2017 (139th day)

Post by mdubtx »

As we move into the final days [hours] of this session, how likely are bills sent to conference committees to see a return to the floors by Saturday for action by Sunday?

My particular interest is in SB 2065 as amended by Rinaldi to include language from HB421. But, I am following my first legislative session and am learning the ins & outs as we go. As a baseball fan, I found the amendment in the house, after HB421 not even seeing a vote, to be nothing less than a game tying hit in the top of the 9th. I guess the senate today sent the game into extra innings.

The senate today requested a conference committee and appointed conferees. As I understand it, that leaves tomorrow and Saturday for the house to appoint conferees, the committee to hash out the bill, and sent copies of the committee report to both floors for a final vote [as late as Sunday.]

Do bills sent for a conference committee at this late date stand a chance?
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sunday, May 28, 2017 (139th day)

Post by flowrie »

Wondering the same thing myself.
I looked up each senate committee member, all are in good standing with the NRA from what I can see.
So I would not think the 421 type of amendment to 2065 would be an issue.
But, there were many other amendments to SB 2065 other than the 421 or 981 type of verbiage.
Those may hold up the bill, then it might die in committee. ???
Guess time will tell.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”