Wait 'til Next Year

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 2

Wait 'til Next Year

Post by tomneal »

I's it too early to start a "Wait 'til Next Year" topic? :txflag:
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

Post by apostate »

Not at all. Next year we get to vote on them.

I suggest people vote for incumbents based on laws passed/changed rather than surveys, smoke, and mirrors.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Oh, if only I lived in District 121, so I could vote against Strauss in the primary.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

tomneal wrote:I's it too early to start a "Wait 'til Next Year" topic? :txflag:
Wait 'til 2019 :txflag:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

Vol Texan wrote:Oh, if only I lived in District 121, so I could vote against Strauss in the primary.
You can always contribute to his opponents...

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

apostate wrote:Not at all. Next year we get to vote on them.

I suggest people vote for incumbents based on laws passed/changed rather than surveys, smoke, and mirrors.
I will be voting based on the laws that never even got a chance and the fact that my rep, Charlie Geren, continues to vote for Joe Straus as speaker of the house. In this "Trump" atmosphere I think we will see a real chance to turn over some these long terms RINOs.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Vol Texan wrote:Oh, if only I lived in District 121, so I could vote against Strauss in the primary.
I hate to say it, but it might even be worth it to vote against him in the general if he wins the primary.

DEB

Post by DEB »

Only if a Republican is running against any of them. Don't look to commit suicide, just cause these representatives didn't vote for all the pro-gun bills. I do agree that they are not moving quick enough, especially as we do own both the congress and the senate. But, to turn the state fully over to those, (read Democrat), who truly will seek to destroy ALL gun rights, doesn't make sense to me anyhow. Look at California, read CALGUNS and go back to when those folks were seeking to only vote progressive as gun rights, they were saying, were not threatened. Well, now Californians can only hope for Federal intervention, as they see everything going down the toilet. I absolutely loath Rino's, but I sure wouldn't trade any of them in for ANY Democrat. Even Rino's do right, most of time at least, on Conservative issues. Remember although we didn't jump forward as much as at least that I would have liked. We didn't go backwards any.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

:iagree:

Totally agree. Would really like to have seen more and calling a bill that allows hog hunting from a hot air balloon a gun rights bill is absurd. it is nothing more that a pay-off to a niche industry and not really about gun rights. That said, we did not lose anything in this session and made a couple of additional minor gains. My personal opinion is that HB1911 sucked all the air out of the room for any other significant pro-carry legislation. Let your reps know what you want and what you expect of them (politely), but do not commit suicide by voting for a gun grabbing left wing candidate.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

DEB wrote:Only if a Republican is running against any of them. Don't look to commit suicide, just cause these representatives didn't vote for all the pro-gun bills. I do agree that they are not moving quick enough, especially as we do own both the congress and the senate. But, to turn the state fully over to those, (read Democrat), who truly will seek to destroy ALL gun rights, doesn't make sense to me anyhow. Look at California, read CALGUNS and go back to when those folks were seeking to only vote progressive as gun rights, they were saying, were not threatened. Well, now Californians can only hope for Federal intervention, as they see everything going down the toilet. I absolutely loath Rino's, but I sure wouldn't trade any of them in for ANY Democrat. Even Rino's do right, most of time at least, on Conservative issues. Remember although we didn't jump forward as much as at least that I would have liked. We didn't go backwards any.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

rotor

Post by rotor »

Our legislature seems to be more interested in bathroom bills than 2nd amendment issues.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Why not? The Cowboys do it every December......
Salty1

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

AF-Odin wrote:Would really like to have seen more and calling a bill that allows hog hunting from a hot air balloon a gun rights bill is absurd. it is nothing more that a pay-off to a niche industry and not really about gun rights.
I feel the same about the bill allowing online classes but only if done by a very small group. It reminds me of the definition of amusement park carved out for a company that's now defunct. If you let your reps know what you want and what you expect of them (politely) and they didn't deliver, do not commit political suicide by voting for them again. It's like continuing to smoke because it hasn't killed you yet.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

OlBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OlBill »

Salty1 wrote:Why not? The Cowboys do it every December......
Super Bowl championships (5)
1971 (VI), 1977 (XII), 1992 (XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), 1995 (XXX)

Houston Texans
League championships (0)
Conference championships (0)
;-)

OlBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OlBill »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
DEB wrote:Only if a Republican is running against any of them. Don't look to commit suicide, just cause these representatives didn't vote for all the pro-gun bills. I do agree that they are not moving quick enough, especially as we do own both the congress and the senate. But, to turn the state fully over to those, (read Democrat), who truly will seek to destroy ALL gun rights, doesn't make sense to me anyhow. Look at California, read CALGUNS and go back to when those folks were seeking to only vote progressive as gun rights, they were saying, were not threatened. Well, now Californians can only hope for Federal intervention, as they see everything going down the toilet. I absolutely loath Rino's, but I sure wouldn't trade any of them in for ANY Democrat. Even Rino's do right, most of time at least, on Conservative issues. Remember although we didn't jump forward as much as at least that I would have liked. We didn't go backwards any.
Me too

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”