SCR 20, Recognizing the 1847 Colt Walker pistol as the official handgun of the State of Texas.

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

SCR 20, Recognizing the 1847 Colt Walker pistol as the official handgun of the State of Texas.

Post by ELB »

:txflag:

Governor signed this on 24 May.

Missed it completely until I saw an article about it earlier today.

Text: https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/b ... navpanes=0

The official gun of Texas: Gov. Abbott names this historic handgun in most Texas move ever

Dang it. Now I may have to get one or two and finally move into the black powder realm...and then there's the powder horn...brass...bullets...percussion caps...and of course appropriate holstery...this is going to be more expensive than one of AndyC's ideas.
USAF 1982-2005

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SCR 20, Recognizing the 1847 Colt Walker pistol as the official handgun of the State of Texas.

Post by puma guy »

ELB wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:29 pm :txflag:

Governor signed this on 24 May.

Missed it completely until I saw an article about it earlier today.

Text: https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/b ... navpanes=0

The official gun of Texas: Gov. Abbott names this historic handgun in most Texas move ever

Dang it. Now I may have to get one or two and finally move into the black powder realm...and then there's the powder horn...brass...bullets...percussion caps...and of course appropriate holstery...this is going to be more expensive than one of AndyC's ideas.
:lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”