Texas House Committee Assignments announced

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas House Committee Assignments announced

Post by Ruark »

multiple representatives who have filed pro-2A pieces of legislation.
Any descriptions of what's been filed so far?

I hope there's not some huge focus on constitutional carry. That's not going to pass and is a waste of political bandwidth. An expansion of places to carry would be welcome as well as practical. I'd like to see people with CHLs allowed to carry firearms unconcealed in their vehicles, like between the seats or in a dashboard slot, something like that. I'd also like to see pocket carry (with the grip partially exposed) acceptable as a mode of open carry. If I were just making a quick run down the block to pick up some milk, I'd love to just stick my Walther P99 into my pocket instead of messing with a holster.
-Ruark

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I want someone to explain to me how the Okies can have Constitutional Carry, but we can't. I haven't heard of any serious issues caused by the passage of that law, and I've talked to quite a few of my pro-2A co-workers about the subject. I'm not seriously fired up about it, but I keep hearing all this negative stuff, and just haven't seen any of that up there.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:57 am I want someone to explain to me how the Okies can have Constitutional Carry, but we can't.
We had Strauss and Dan Patrick who have back stabbed any attempt to move this through.

I hope this explains things.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Flightmare »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:57 am I want someone to explain to me how the Okies can have Constitutional Carry, but we can't. I haven't heard of any serious issues caused by the passage of that law, and I've talked to quite a few of my pro-2A co-workers about the subject. I'm not seriously fired up about it, but I keep hearing all this negative stuff, and just haven't seen any of that up there.
The answer is that there has not been the political will to pass it in Texas. I would argue that this session is the best chance we've seen to pass legislation allowing for unlicensed carry in public. We will know for sure by May 31st when the legislature adjourns the regular session.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Liberty wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:41 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:57 am I want someone to explain to me how the Okies can have Constitutional Carry, but we can't.
We had Strauss and Dan Patrick who have back stabbed any attempt to move this through.

I hope this explains things.
I've been a member of this forum for some years. I know about the political machinations of Strauss. However, public pressure can overcome the unwillingness of certain political roadblocks, if enough is applied. Are folks in Oklahoma just better at applying that sort of pressure?

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”