Phelan Forced to a Primary Runoff

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Phelan Forced to a Primary Runoff

Post by RoyGBiv »

House Speaker Dade Phelan took a risk on Paxton’s impeachment. It may end his career.
Phelan is the first House speaker in 52 years to be forced into a primary runoff, where he will face Paxton-backed challenger David Covey. On Tuesday, Phelan came in second to Covey, trailing his challenger by about 3 percentage points, or 1,000 votes.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813

Re: Phelan Forced to a Primary Runoff

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:04 am House Speaker Dade Phelan took a risk on Paxton’s impeachment. It may end his career.
Phelan is the first House speaker in 52 years to be forced into a primary runoff, where he will face Paxton-backed challenger David Covey. On Tuesday, Phelan came in second to Covey, trailing his challenger by about 3 percentage points, or 1,000 votes.
That's great news...now let's get Phelan sent home.

Donate to David Covey
https://anedot.coveyfortexas.com/donate

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

One word - FANTASTIC.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I’m still in shock over the NRA endorsing Phelan. Dude’s gotta go.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Let's all send a few bucks to Covey's campaign:
https://www.coveyfortexas.com/

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:08 pm I’m still in shock over the NRA endorsing Phelan. Dude’s gotta go.
I am sure not bashing the NRA, but I do have a genuine question. How does the NRA go about selecting who they will endorse?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:02 am
C-dub wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:08 pm I’m still in shock over the NRA endorsing Phelan. Dude’s gotta go.
I am sure not bashing the NRA, but I do have a genuine question. How does the NRA go about selecting who they will endorse?
I don't recall what they said about why, but it seems like if someone hasn't tried to take away or harm any 2A stuff then they get a good enough grade to be backed. I would have thought Phelan had enough other questionable actions (appointing so many dems as committee chairs) that could have lead to other problems for him to not be worth backing. However, what do I know? :headscratch
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”