Comey given notice

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Comey given notice

Post by treadlightly »

He's fired. Sacked, given the boot, the bum's rush out the door, he is now unemployed. Happy, happy, happy.

A CNN commentator says this may not be a firing, though. It could be a coup.

I shake in my boots.

Edited to add:

And now a talking head on CNN is saying this is unprecedented, not seen since Nixon fired special prosecutor Archibald Cox back in the 70's.

What an idiot.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Comey given notice

Post by anygunanywhere »

:thewave :anamatedbanana :smilelol5: "rlol" :rolll :party: :party: :chldancing :chldancing :chldancing
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

I dont understand what took em so long. Shouldn't come as a surprise to either side, but I betcha the Left will twist this into another Anti-Trump/Russia thing. He did this to himself. Period.
Just some guy's opinion.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

anygunanywhere wrote::thewave :anamatedbanana :smilelol5: "rlol" :rolll :party: :party: :chldancing :chldancing :chldancing

:iagree:

:thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave

:thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave :thewave

Bon voyage!!!!!!

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Yea!!
Glad he's gone!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Opens the gate for many insiders and subordinates involved in or aware of the shenanigans of Comey, Lynch and others to open up and bring forth the truth.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rotor

Post by rotor »

Not sure why the hatred for Comey. You all knew HRC wasn't going to be indicted no matter what. No matter what he did he would be criticized. I think that he is an ethical person that knew the reality of the world. Do you think that a new FBI director is now going after HRC for her crimes? Just not going to happen.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

puma guy wrote:Opens the gate for many insiders and subordinates involved in or aware of the shenanigans of Comey, Lynch and others to open up and bring forth the truth.
:iagree: Comey is just the tip of the iceberg.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

joe817 wrote:
puma guy wrote:Opens the gate for many insiders and subordinates involved in or aware of the shenanigans of Comey, Lynch and others to open up and bring forth the truth.
:iagree: Comey is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now Chuck Shyster Schumer calling for a special prosecutor, funny he never thought to do that when they were waving the magic wand over HRC's violations.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

rotor wrote:Not sure why the hatred for Comey. You all knew HRC wasn't going to be indicted no matter what. No matter what he did he would be criticized. I think that he is an ethical person that knew the reality of the world. Do you think that a new FBI director is now going after HRC for her crimes? Just not going to happen.
He usurped the AG and violated the rule of law and the FBI's role by announcing a recommendation not to prosecute HRC publicly. Not that the AG would have done anything, but it was not his nor anyone's in the FBI's role.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

rotor wrote:Not sure why the hatred for Comey. You all knew HRC wasn't going to be indicted no matter what. No matter what he did he would be criticized. I think that he is an ethical person that knew the reality of the world. Do you think that a new FBI director is now going after HRC for her crimes? Just not going to happen.
I don't "hate" him. I detest him and see him as a well versed and skilled rat.

He is "ethical"? "rlol"

Do you think he got where he is by being "ethical"? Rhetorical question.

I invite you and others who believe in distinguished and honorable Mr. Comey's exemplary ethics to just read through his past positions and affiliations (especially at Lockheed, HSBC Holdings and his brother Peter). :tiphat:

He's a slick one, I give him that. But "ethical"? :rules:

Topic author
treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Comey's actions were inconsistent, suggesting to me he was not merely a marionette, but was tugged by at least two puppet masters.

He overstepped and politicized his office.

Going back further, he was the federal prosecutor who went overboard on Martha Stewart and would have gone much farther had he not been reined in.

If I were to find myself the target of an FBI investigation I would not want investigators with an eye to politics or the optics of my prosecution.

I know Comey had a sterling reputation. From his public statements, I distrust him. And then there was that meeting between AG Lynch and Bill Clinton. I don't know if that compromised the investigation into Hillary, but it looked like Comey's investigation was bartered by political insiders.

I'm glad he's gone. I suspect he'll go back to sitting on bank boards of directors and such. He's not going to miss a paycheck.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

Here is Trump's letter to Comey;
MAY 9, 2017

Dear Director Comey:

I have received the attached letters from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General of the United States recommending your dismissal as the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I have accepted their recommendation and you are hereby terminated and removed from office, effective immediately.

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.

It is essential that we find new leadership that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

DONALD J. TRUMP
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... comey.html
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

There are few really funny and accurate depictions of Comey in this thread:

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... y#p1117479

"rlol"

I especially enjoyed the pic from TAM and Bitter Clinger! :woohoo

Flightmare