Texas Gun Rights dot org

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Texas Gun Rights dot org

Post by LDB415 »

This group has a petition on FB to Bonnen to allow Constitutional Carry to go to a vote. Is this a group we should participate with and sign their petition? I'm not sure I've ever heard of them and don't know anything about them.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Gun Rights dot org

Post by Flightmare »

I believe that is Chris McNutts chapter of National Association of Gun Rights. I may be mistaken.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 pm I believe that is Chris McNutts chapter of National Association of Gun Rights. I may be mistaken.
:iagree: You are correct. I don’t want to have anything to do with either organization.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

What is the greater good?

Post by flechero »

Without any knowledge of that organization, I ask an honest question.

If mcnutt is also an NRA member, is that an association we should now distance ourselves from? The reason the left thinks NRA members are fanatics is because the "regular" member are generally silent and fly under the radar.

There are [mc]nuts in every gun rights organization, good and bad. If we continue to distance ourselves from any group that has them, we'll be without any representation. It's coming time that the well behaved (and normally silent) majority of gun owners find a way to get involved and become more active.

Would a million signature erase what he did? Nope, but it would probably get constitutional carry a shot at a vote- and that is what we all want, an honest chance.

Now the additional disclaimer: I don't know Texas gun right dot org, and don't know anyone who is a member. They might actually be crazy, but I wouldn't make that judgement based a single member.

The question holds though, for any organization... do you let one bad apple spoil the bunch?

:tiphat:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What is the greater good?

Post by Flightmare »

flechero wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:53 am Without any knowledge of that organization, I ask an honest question.

If mcnutt is also an NRA member, is that an association we should now distance ourselves from? The reason the left thinks NRA members are fanatics is because the "regular" member are generally silent and fly under the radar.

There are [mc]nuts in every gun rights organization, good and bad. If we continue to distance ourselves from any group that has them, we'll be without any representation. It's coming time that the well behaved (and normally silent) majority of gun owners find a way to get involved and become more active.

Would a million signature erase what he did? Nope, but it would probably get constitutional carry a shot at a vote- and that is what we all want, an honest chance.

Now the additional disclaimer: I don't know Texas gun right dot org, and don't know anyone who is a member. They might actually be crazy, but I wouldn't make that judgement based a single member.

The question holds though, for any organization... do you let one bad apple spoil the bunch?

:tiphat:
I agree that you should not let one member form your view of an entire organization. However McNutt is not merely a member of TGR, he is an executive director. And as such, his actions reflect on his organization.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Can someone educate me on what exactly McNutt has done that is "crazy"? I heard that he introduced CC, and that he personally walked to houses in the Speaker's district to try and gin up support / pressure on the Speaker. Was this action unorthodox and confrontational, yes. Was it "crazy", no.

But I also am not actively following all the ins and outs of the current legislative session, so I may very well be unaware of something else he has done that could truly be characterized as "crazy". Hence my question.

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:22 pm Can someone educate me on what exactly McNutt has done that is "crazy"? I heard that he introduced CC, and that he personally walked to houses in the Speaker's district to try and gin up support / pressure on the Speaker. Was this action unorthodox and confrontational, yes. Was it "crazy", no.

But I also am not actively following all the ins and outs of the current legislative session, so I may very well be unaware of something else he has done that could truly be characterized as "crazy". Hence my question.
Agreed. I think a lot of the judgement about McNut has been made based on news articles that weren't 100% truthful, and many of those probably went to Bonnen and family for information, which were should all know by now to be worthless.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

If this is a rational society with “a government of laws, not men” then McNutt didn't do anything wrong by petitioning for a redress of grievances.

However, he poked a bear and got mauled. Never mind the bear was raiding his picnic basket before he poked the bear. That's not relevant.

Unless you want to get mauled by the bear, stay away from McNutt.

Here endeth the lesson.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

There is some bad press about this guy lately. Read something about him driving to 3 state Republican lawmakers homes and prompting state troopers to monitor the home of the speakers family. An associate of mine is a state trooper working on a task force with the FBI. I will ask him the next time I see him if this really happened.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I don't care for either McNutt's or Bonnen's actions. I am also wary of both of them based on their part and present affiliations and ties.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”