Democrat control in 2020

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Democrat control in 2020

Post by LDB415 »

Between the pathetic support of the 2A and the spending and the failure of any sort of property tax relief it is very possible the democrats will control the Texas house and/or senate next time. Obviously that's a disaster in the making. So, what can we do?

Bonnen is hugely disappointing. Can we get an actual republican elected in that district instead of B-RINOnnen?

Abbott and Patrick are also disappointing with talk of trading homestead exemption increase for sales tax increase which does nothing for many property owners except increase their tax burden again through sales tax and for those who get homestead exemption it's a temporary and minimal relief.

So what do we do to get some people in who will actually do the right thing?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

jason812

Re: Democrat control in 2020

Post by jason812 »

Primary them all in 2020... Only a politician will tell you a tax increase of 2.5% is relief.

2020, throw the bums out.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jason812 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:38 pm Primary them all in 2020... Only a politician will tell you a tax increase of 2.5% is relief.

I’m pretty well fed up with politics. I know what is right and what is wrong, I know what is Constitutional and what is not, and I know that the law frequently departs from what is right or Constitutional. The same cannot be said for better than half of all politicians.....including many who claim the mantles of "conservative" or "republican" for themselves. The more disgusted I become, the more I don’t give a rat's patoot about any of it, and the more I am inclined to go on about my business as I see fit to, regardless of what either politicians (of ANY stripe) or the law says about it.

I would prefer to remain law-abiding, but I am more interested in justice, and I am only interested in remaining law-abiding so long as the law administers justice. When it no longer does so, then I no longer consider myself bound by it. For the law will have violated the contract first, and that releases me from any absolute moral obligation to it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Yeah don't get me started on Patrick....grrrrrrrrr..... :mad5

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:13 pm
I’m pretty well fed up with politics. I know what is right and what is wrong, I know what is Constitutional and what is not, and I know that the law frequently departs from what is right or Constitutional. The same cannot be said for better than half of all politicians.....including many who claim the mantles of "conservative" or "republican" for themselves. The more disgusted I become, the more I don’t give a rat's patoot about any of it, and the more I am inclined to go on about my business as I see fit to, regardless of what either politicians (of ANY stripe) or the law says about it.

I would prefer to remain law-abiding, but I am more interested in justice, and I am only interested in remaining law-abiding so long as the law administers justice. When it no longer does so, then I no longer consider myself bound by it. For the law will have violated the contract first, and that releases me from any absolute moral obligation to it.
Very well said TAM!
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

jason812 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:38 pm Primary them all in 2020... Only a politician will tell you a tax increase of 2.5% is relief.

Alas, I live about 5 miles outside of Bonnen's district. I had considered running against him in the next primary if I could find the supporters.

If anyone decides to mount a primary challenge, they should email me directly and I will hold fundraisers at IDPA matches.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm watching a documentary on Amazon Prime as I'm typing this. It's called The Fight of Our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West. It explains everything about the democrats today.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Say what you will about the insanity of the California state government, at least they're brutally honest about what they're trying to do. To say I'm disgusted with our state government right now would be a massive understatement.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”