Joe Strauss wants special session for gun control

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Joe Strauss wants special session for gun control

Post by gtolbert09 »

USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Joe Strauss wants special session for gun control

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Here we go. One politician after another harping on about gun control. They love calling it everything but what it is. "Gun Reform"? Unreal. We are under attack.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I guess Joe Strauss still thinks he's important and people want to hear his opinion. I checked, we don't.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 pm
Here we go. One politician after another harping on about gun control. They love calling it everything but what it is. "Gun Reform"? Unreal. We are under attack.
Yeah we are under attack bad! Just wish someone would wake me up from this nightmare. If not maybe once they take it to far some action should take place. What do I know? Except freedom is being infringed upon in more then one way, not just the 2a anymore.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

narcissist wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:30 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 pm
Yeah we are under attack bad! Just wish someone would wake me up from this nightmare. If not maybe once they take it to far some action should take place. What do I know? Except freedom is being infringed upon in more then one way, not just the 2a anymore.

Yep. The right to privacy and freedom of speech just to name a couple.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Of COURSE he does. :mad5
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Alf

Post by Alf »

A rated

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

There are a number of GOP who are not our friends.....A-Rating or not. I think they’re running scared, and worried about getting re-elected if they don’t pile on with the democrats.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm There are a number of GOP who are not our friends.....A-Rating or not. I think they’re running scared, and worried about getting re-elected if they don’t pile on with the democrats.
This is what I think also. From the bubble they all live in I think they are being told that a majority of Americans are for gun control.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm There are a number of GOP who are not our friends.....A-Rating or not. I think they’re running scared, and worried about getting re-elected if they don’t pile on with the democrats.
EXACTLY!

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

1911 Raptor wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:05 pm
Alf wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:57 pmA rated
I have been harping on this for a long time. The rating given to these folks means nothing because the organization giving it apparently hands them out like candy and doesn’t do it’s due diligence. This is one of the problem areas that needs to be addressed. No way should Straus have earned an A rating.
As Charles has said, the rating is based on voting record. Straus' voting record was that he voted in favor of 2A legislation when a vote was put before him. However, this rating method only tells part of the story since members can be shielded from voting against 2A legislation by having it killed in committee, or never having it brought before the full house/senate for a vote.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”