Do Researchers from Different Fields have a Consensus on Gun Control Laws and do Registered Voters Agree with any of t

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Do Researchers from Different Fields have a Consensus on Gun Control Laws and do Registered Voters Agree with any of t

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Do Researchers from Different Fields have a Consensus on Gun Control Laws and do Regis- tered Voters Agree with any

Post by mojo84 »

Thanks for sharing the link I tweeted. Beat you to it though. :mrgreen:

www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=97241
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Do Researchers from Different Fields have a Consensus on Gun Control Laws and do Registered Voters Agree with any of the

https://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery.ph ... 16&EXT=pdf

Arthur Z. Berg, MD
Associate Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
azberg@harvard.edu

John R. Lott, Jr.
President, Crime Prevention Research Center johnrlott@crimeresearch.org
(484) 802-5373

Gary A. Mauser
Professor Emeritus, Department of Marketing, Simon Fraser University
mauser@sfu.ca

Revised
August 20, 2019

This PDF is a long read—40 pages—but it makes an important point......that gun control advocates pick researchers who will review the data from a public healthcare perspective, while criminologists and economists both tend to be very skeptical of the methodologies of the public health sector.

I’m only a few pages into the paper so far, but if I had to distill it down so far, I’d say that the public health sector starts with the premise that guns in America are a public health problem, and then they cherry pick their numbers to support their preconceived conclusion.

Criminologists and economists start with the question: are guns in America a public health crisis? They then follow the data wherever it takes them. Of the two, economists are even more likely to be skeptical about different proposed gun legislation than criminologists—and both groups are more skeptical than public health researchers. Why? Because the numbers don’t support the health sector's conclusions.

Anyway, I saved a copy of the PDF to my drive, and I’d recommend doing that. This is an invaluable tool in debating with the gun grabbers.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Re: Do Researchers from Different Fields have a Consensus on Gun Control Laws and do Regis- tered Voters Agree with any

mojo84 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:19 pm Thanks for sharing the link I tweeted. Beat you to it though. :mrgreen:

Daggum it! That’s twice that’s happened in the last two days! My search fu need’s some polishing. Also, I didn’t realize that was you. :lol:
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:50 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:19 pm Thanks for sharing the link I tweeted. Beat you to it though. :mrgreen:

Daggum it! That’s twice that’s happened in the last two days! My search fu Ned’s some polishing.
No biggy. Just having some fun. It's good info that needs to get out there.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Alf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do Researchers from Different Fields have a Consensus on Gun Control Laws and do Registered Voters Agree with any of

Post by Alf »

The facts are readily available. If any honest, moral person cares about facts, they don't support gun control laws.

There are two types of people who support gun control laws. Evildoers who want disarmed victims and useful idiots.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”