Early Voting

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Early Voting

Post by Rafe »

flechero wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 pm Sorry Rafe, your friend got under my craw. :tiphat:
Yeppers. That's why I woke up this morning still thinking about that phone conversation. I think it's an illustration that rationality and logic have taken a vacation for all (well, most) Democrats in this election. As soon as the word "Trump" comes up--implicitly or explicitly--they see red and all rational thought shuts down. It's a truly bizarre thing. DJT could personally find the cure for cancer and solve world hunger between now and November 3, and they would still hate his guts. If it were Trump and Stalin on the ballot, a massive number of people would mobilize to vote for Joseph Stalin.

I haven't spoken to a single one who can describe any part of Biden's policy platform in detail. But it doesn't matter. He's not Trump, and that's enough. I remain very worried about November's outcome.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

You are right about them hating Trump for sure. Glad you didn't take it personally.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

They hate Trump so much, they are completely mindless to the policies each candidate represent. Joe Boden could say he is for every American giving one leg and they would still vote for him. I have watched leftist literally start shaking at the mention of President Trump. I believe this is caused by the MSM constantly bashing anything and everything Trump does.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Rafe, your friend has obviously chosen to believe the media reports that Trump and everything he stands for are anti-immigrant, documented or not, as well as the follow-on conclusion that any immigrant would be crazy to vote for Trump. Most of the immigrants I have spoken to or heard of, the documented ones at least, are all for folks coming here like they did -- legally -- but every bit as against illegal immigration as Trump has stated he is.

The Progressive Democrats and their media friends ahve done an excellent job of conflating criminal (AKA illegal or undocumented) immigration with legal immigration to a sovereign nation. The two are NOT the same, but they want everyone to believe they are. The reason is as plain as their open-borders hearts -- to destroy this nation by inflicting as many cuts as possible.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

03Lightningrocks

Middle Age Russ wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:58 pm Rafe, your friend has obviously chosen to believe the media reports that Trump and everything he stands for are anti-immigrant, documented or not, as well as the follow-on conclusion that any immigrant would be crazy to vote for Trump. Most of the immigrants I have spoken to or heard of, the documented ones at least, are all for folks coming here like they did -- legally -- but every bit as against illegal immigration as Trump has stated he is.

The Progressive Democrats and their media friends ahve done an excellent job of conflating criminal (AKA illegal or undocumented) immigration with legal immigration to a sovereign nation. The two are NOT the same, but they want everyone to believe they are. The reason is as plain as their open-borders hearts -- to destroy this nation by inflicting as many cuts as possible.
Democrats see illegal immigrants as a huge future voting block that will vote for them. Democrats at some point will either try to make illegal immigrants eligible to vote or grant a mass amnesty, thus giving them the right to vote.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

I voted earlier this week and there was no wait to speak of. If you haven't voted, please do it. :patriot:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks

Here is the daily update of voter turn out in early elections for Collin county so far. It is at 40% of registered voters! I am curious about the numbers in the other counties where you folks live.

miljet

Post by miljet »

My daughter went to vote today. She was wearing a shirt that said "Jesus is my savior. Trump is my president."

The poll worker made her go to the bathroom and turn it wring side out be fore letting her vote.

03Lightningrocks

miljet wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:05 pm My daughter went to vote today. She was wearing a shirt that said "Jesus is my savior. Trump is my president."

The poll worker made her go to the bathroom and turn it wring side out be fore letting her vote.
Yeah. I think there is some kind of rule about campaign material in a certain vicinity of the voting booths. I got asked to remove a Reagan hat many years ago when voting.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:14 pm
miljet wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:05 pm My daughter went to vote today. She was wearing a shirt that said "Jesus is my savior. Trump is my president."

Yeah. I think there is some kind of rule about campaign material in a certain vicinity of the voting booths. I got asked to remove a Reagan hat many years ago when voting.
There is indeed a rule: Nothing supporting or opposing anything on the current ballot.

BLM and Blue Lives Matter stuff is ok, but nothing that is specifically being voted on. In theory, when we could only vote in our home precinct on election day, it would be OK to have a “get rid of She-Jack shirt on, because she does not represent our district. But now that we have county-wide voting even on election day , that would now be a no-no.

I’ve had to ask folks from both parties to remove or obscure political stuff at the polls.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

strogg
Posts in topic: 6

Post by strogg »

Yup. Wearing anything advertising someone on the ballot is a no-no. Same with political party. Everything else is OK.

Denton county is getting slammed with early voting. It's tapered down since last week a smidge, but it's still up there. So far, 225,476 people have voted at the early polling sites. That's 39.8% of all registered voters in the county. Carrollton Public Library just broke 10,000 check-ins today with a total of 10,121 since last Tuesday. That is insane. They're quite geared up for moving people, though. They have 4 check-in stations, an additional ad-hoc check-in station, and 19 ballot booths. Lately, wait times have been averaging 5-15 minutes. Lunchtime is a bad time to go. Don't do it. Second place with just over 9000 check-ins is the Copeland government center in Crossroads right by Aubrey. It's odd how there are so many people checking in there.

On the other hand, Shady Shores is pulling in dead last with 1467 voters checked in. If you're in that area and haven't voted yet, go there. Somehow they have fewer people show up than Pilot Point or Ponder.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rafe »

Through October 20, 32.2% of registered voters in Harris County have voted; that's 801,807 people. If I'm interpreting the charts correctly, in the 2016 election about 42% of those eligible had voted at the end of the 1st two weeks of early voting. So we've hit over 32% after 8 days, with 6 days to go until the two-week mark.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

strogg wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 pm Yup. Wearing anything advertising someone on the ballot is a no-no. Same with political party. Everything else is OK.

Denton county is getting slammed with early voting. It's tapered down since last week a smidge, but it's still up there. So far, 225,476 people have voted at the early polling sites. That's 39.8% of all registered voters in the county. Carrollton Public Library just broke 10,000 check-ins today with a total of 10,121 since last Tuesday. That is insane. They're quite geared up for moving people, though. They have 4 check-in stations, an additional ad-hoc check-in station, and 19 ballot booths. Lately, wait times have been averaging 5-15 minutes. Lunchtime is a bad time to go. Don't do it. Second place with just over 9000 check-ins is the Copeland government center in Crossroads right by Aubrey. It's odd how there are so many people checking in there.

On the other hand, Shady Shores is pulling in dead last with 1467 voters checked in. If you're in that area and haven't voted yet, go there. Somehow they have fewer people show up than Pilot Point or Ponder.
If they're dipocraps, leave 'em home.

03Lightningrocks

strogg wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 pm Denton county is getting slammed with early voting. It's tapered down since last week a smidge, but it's still up there. So far, 225,476 people have voted at the early polling sites. That's 39.8% of all registered voters in the county. Carrollton Public Library just broke 10,000 check-ins today with a total of 10,121 since last Tuesday. That is insane. They're quite geared up for moving people, though. They have 4 check-in stations, an additional ad-hoc check-in station, and 19 ballot booths. Lately, wait times have been averaging 5-15 minutes. Lunchtime is a bad time to go. Don't do it. Second place with just over 9000 check-ins is the Copeland government center in Crossroads right by Aubrey. It's odd how there are so many people checking in there.

Rafe wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:54 pm Through October 20, 32.2% of registered voters in Harris County have voted; that's 801,807 people. If I'm interpreting the charts correctly, in the 2016 election about 42% of those eligible had voted at the end of the 1st two weeks of early voting. So we've hit over 32% after 8 days, with 6 days to go until the two-week mark.
I sure hope these numbers are good news for Republicans

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Checked the Harris County web site, said there were 0 in line at the closest polling station. Hauled keister over there and was out the door back to my vehicle in 10 mins. Had time to stop and grab some donuts before coming into the shop early. Win-win all around. :patriot:

https://www.harrisvotes.com
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”