Early Voting

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Early Voting

Post by striker55 »

miljet wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:05 pm My daughter went to vote today. She was wearing a shirt that said "Jesus is my savior. Trump is my president."

The poll worker made her go to the bathroom and turn it wring side out be fore letting her vote.
Last presidential election my wife made a t-shirt with a cartoon character of herself and the words "make America great", after waiting online for over a hour she wouldn't be allowed to vote. She had a sports bra on so she turned her shirt inside out.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 pm
Rafe wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:54 pm Through October 20, 32.2% of registered voters in Harris County have voted; that's 801,807 people. If I'm interpreting the charts correctly, in the 2016 election about 42% of those eligible had voted at the end of the 1st two weeks of early voting. So we've hit over 32% after 8 days, with 6 days to go until the two-week mark.
I sure hope these numbers are good news for Republicans
We can only hope!

https://abc13.com/politics/1-million-an ... d/7280231/

1 million and counting: Harris Co. crosses early vote threshold

"Harris County crossed the 1-million-vote threshold on Oct. 23, about 11 days after it started the early voting period. Texas is poised to collect 12 million early votes in 2020."
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

strogg
Posts in topic: 6

Post by strogg »

Denton county is slowing down. I guess we're starting to run out of voters. At this point, we're 45.7% of registered voters (259,080 people) have early voted at the polling locations. That doesn't include absentee ballots received or any other means of vote casting in the county. Carrollton Public Library is still in first place with 12,005 voters checked in. That's over 2% of the registered voter population in the county in one location. The Copeland Government Center in Crossroads broke 10,000 voters today.

For Carrollton Public Library, it has been fairly smooth lately. There is no real bad time to go. Wait times are now at 5 minutes or less. In most cases, there is < 1 minute wait. If you do curbside voting there or at any other location, it is best to park in the designated spot, then call the county hotline (940) 349-3200 and let them know where you are. Waiting there patiently or getting an appointment ahead of time can turn into a headache.

As a recommendation before people go voting in Denton, go to votedenton.com and check your registration status. This will help alleviate some problems you may face if there's something wrong with the registration. Also, if you ever move or change names, reregister in your county right away before they catch the change. They will catch the change even if you don't tell them, and that may make check-in difficult.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The numbers all over Texas are showing very high early voter turn out. Here is the latest Collin County numbers.

03Lightningrocks

strogg wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:25 pm Denton county is slowing down. I guess we're starting to run out of voters. At this point, we're 45.7% of registered voters (259,080 people) have early voted at the polling locations. That doesn't include absentee ballots received or any other means of vote casting in the county. Carrollton Public Library is still in first place with 12,005 voters checked in. That's over 2% of the registered voter population in the county in one location. The Copeland Government Center in Crossroads broke 10,000 voters today.

For Carrollton Public Library, it has been fairly smooth lately. There is no real bad time to go. Wait times are now at 5 minutes or less. In most cases, there is < 1 minute wait. If you do curbside voting there or at any other location, it is best to park in the designated spot, then call the county hotline (940) 349-3200 and let them know where you are. Waiting there patiently or getting an appointment ahead of time can turn into a headache.

As a recommendation before people go voting in Denton, go to votedenton.com and check your registration status. This will help alleviate some problems you may face if there's something wrong with the registration. Also, if you ever move or change names, reregister in your county right away before they catch the change. They will catch the change even if you don't tell them, and that may make check-in difficult.
I am expecting tomorrow (Saturday) to have big numbers. Many people find it hard to vote on a weekday.

03Lightningrocks

I saw on the news tonight that some states are already opening and feeding the ballots into the system. Then at poll closing on election day they simply hit tabulate or what ever and the count shows up. Does Texas do anything similar to this? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but in the past, I never paid much attention to mail in voting.

strogg

Post by strogg »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:34 pm
strogg wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:25 pm Denton county is slowing down. I guess we're starting to run out of voters. At this point, we're 45.7% of registered voters (259,080 people) have early voted at the polling locations. That doesn't include absentee ballots received or any other means of vote casting in the county. Carrollton Public Library is still in first place with 12,005 voters checked in. That's over 2% of the registered voter population in the county in one location. The Copeland Government Center in Crossroads broke 10,000 voters today.

I am expecting tomorrow (Saturday) to have big numbers. Many people find it hard to vote on a weekday.
Yesterday was all right. Today actually had more voters per hour show up and vote, but the actual voter count was lower due to the shorter hours (5 hours vs 12 hours).

03Lightningrocks

strogg wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Yesterday was all right. Today actually had more voters per hour show up and vote, but the actual voter count was lower due to the shorter hours (5 hours vs 12 hours).
I just looked at the Collin County numbers for Saturday and they were not near as high as I expected.

strogg

Post by strogg »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:27 pm
strogg wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 pm

I just looked at the Collin County numbers for Saturday and they were not near as high as I expected.

It could be college ball too. I saw a bunch of people with A&M shirts show up yesterday morning, then by around 10AM, the polling place was like a ghost town. People started showing up again later in the afternoon. Today, it was a pretty steady stream of people throughout the day.

03Lightningrocks

03Lightningrocks

This is just Collin County. I heard on the news that Texas broke all previous early voting records. They also mentioned that Republicans tend to dominate numbers in election day voting. I am feeling good about Trumps chances of winning a second term.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Texas early voting surpasses state's total turnout from 2016 election
October 30, 2020

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-2020 ... ion-votes/
Four days ahead of Election Day, early voting in Texas has already surpassed the total number of votes cast in the 2016 election, as many states nationwide are seeing record turnout. Over 9 million people have voted so far in the state, where early voting will end on Friday.
Despite high early turnout numbers, only about 53% of registered voters in Texas have already cast their ballots.
Texas' secretary of state lists more than 16.9 million registered voters in its database, a state record and a net gain of 1.8 million since 2016 — largely young and Latino voters, who are more likely to cast a ballot for a Democrat.
If there's anybody you know who has not yet voted and who will probably not be voting Democrat, offer to be a free shuttle service on Tuesday if they want help getting to the polls!

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

I wonder if there are any jurisdictions seeing record numbers turning out for early voting that will report 100+ percentages...
NRA lifetime member

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

KC5AV wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:52 pm I wonder if there are any jurisdictions seeing record numbers turning out for early voting that will report 100+ percentages...
I am betting on it happening in large numbers.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

srothstein wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:41 pm
KC5AV wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:52 pm I wonder if there are any jurisdictions seeing record numbers turning out for early voting that will report 100+ percentages...
I am betting on it happening in large numbers.
Any bets that at least one of those districts will publicly congratulate itself in the media for excellent work getting out the vote and achieving a total of 102% of registered voters?
:leaving

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”