Record Amount of Anti-2A Laws Introduced on 1st Day of TX Bill Pre-Filing

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Record Amount of Anti-2A Laws Introduced on 1st Day of TX Bill Pre-Filing

Post by OneGun »

Bloomberg should leave our state alone!!!! Do not Californicate Texas!!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero

Post by flechero »

OneGun wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 am Bloomberg should leave our state alone!!!! Do not Californicate Texas!!
I wish "we" had our own multi-billionaire financier to start reversing the whip and 2A-ing the rest of the country.

Even with bloomturd's slow progress, he's making progress and that's terrible for everyone, even those who don't yet know it.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Bills filed is like an amazon wishlist. Any state rep/senator can do it, doesn't mean it'll get a committee hearing, let alone get past that. This does not mean we can be complacent and ignore them. We each need to remind our respective state reps and state senators that their constituents would prefer to see more restrictions LIFTED than ADDED.

I've been trying to do my part by proposing legislation to state reps/senators I have run into at different functions. Several members here have asked for copies of my 2 page google doc. If anyone else would like a copy, let me know.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

I hope that the presumptive new House Speaker remembers that he’s a republican, and that we have a republican majority in the House.

I’ll just be over in the corner, holding my breath. Don’t mind me.
NRA lifetime member

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Syntyr »

KC5AV wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:33 pm I hope that the presumptive new House Speaker remembers that he’s a republican, and that we have a republican majority in the House.

Don't worry... I'll be over in the corner with you building my protest AR10 in "honor" of the stolen election!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

i am looking at modifying my nail guns to semi auto, with no safety foot lever...these nuts ever get their way, its all we may have as a LEGAL means of protection ..the new 24 volt ones are pretty nice and strong for 2.5" framing nails

sending letter to cole heffner next
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

Syntyr wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:41 pm
KC5AV wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:33 pm I hope that the presumptive new House Speaker remembers that he’s a republican, and that we have a republican majority in the House.

Don't worry... I'll be over in the corner with you building my protest AR10 in "honor" of the stolen election!
I’m just about done with my protest .300 Blackout pistol. Sadly, I won’t be able to feed it. Luckily, I still have my Obama protest AR-15 and a decent supply of 5.56.
NRA lifetime member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

KC5AV wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:53 pm

I’m just about done with my protest .300 Blackout pistol. Sadly, I won’t be able to feed it. Luckily, I still have my Obama protest AR-15 and a decent supply of 5.56.
Same here. I managed to score 400 rounds for my 300 pistol last week. Now it seems like freedommunitions has about closed shop. The only rounds I can find are 308, 357 target rounds, and 12 guage birdshot. I did purchase 1000 rounds of 308 for my ar10 build but thats just enough to get warmed up. This is truly sad.

We need to fight these bills in the Texas legislature and push back even more. Not 1 inch in new concessions.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Syntyr wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 pm
KC5AV wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Same here. I managed to score 400 rounds for my 300 pistol last week. Now it seems like freedommunitions has about closed shop. The only rounds I can find are 308, 357 target rounds, and 12 guage birdshot. I did purchase 1000 rounds of 308 for my ar10 build but thats just enough to get warmed up. This is truly sad.

We need to fight these bills in the Texas legislature and push back even more. Not 1 inch in new concessions.
12 days ago bulkammo had 7.62 rounds in 500 round box , now zippppp. i scored 400 of 308 . now they are gone
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

cirus

Post by cirus »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 pm i am looking at modifying my nail guns to semi auto, with no safety foot lever...these nuts ever get their way, its all we may have as a LEGAL means of protection ..the new 24 volt ones are pretty nice and strong for 2.5" framing nails

Legal? What's wrong with illegal?

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

cirus wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 pm
powerboatr wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 pm i am looking at modifying my nail guns to semi auto, with no safety foot lever...these nuts ever get their way, its all we may have as a LEGAL means of protection ..the new 24 volt ones are pretty nice and strong for 2.5" framing nails

Legal? What's wrong with illegal?
great point, :hurry:

equin

Post by equin »

flechero wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am
OneGun wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 am Bloomberg should leave our state alone!!!! Do not Californicate Texas!!
I wish "we" had our own multi-billionaire financier to start reversing the whip and 2A-ing the rest of the country.

Even with bloomturd's slow progress, he's making progress and that's terrible for everyone, even those who don't yet know it.
Are these bills a result of Bloomberg’s funding and influence? If so, is there documentation of this?

Also, I’ve read about the supposedly changing demographics in Texas and how those changes are turning the state blue. With the exception of Cruz’s close call against Beto, I didn’t hear about anything like that in this most recent election. I understand there are three remaining contested districts for the Texas House? But Cornyn won handily, and Republicans seem to have maintained control - again. So with that, it seems illogical to think the state’s electorate has sent any kind of message favoring gun control laws. In fact, I’ve read how gun control laws and other progressive measures seen as far left may have actually backfired nationwide. So again, I don’t quite understand the perceived need to introduce these bills. It just seems like the Democratic Party continues to be out of touch with the majority of regular voters.

I know there are other extremely wealthy folks who donate to either the Republican Party, Republican candidates’ campaigns or conservative causes. The Koch brothers and Bernie Marcus (founder of Home Depot) are examples. But do any of them also donate to protect 2nd Amendment civil rights?
Ed

jason812

Post by jason812 »

cirus wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 pm Legal? What's wrong with illegal?
Rifle stocks on pistols and 3rd holes for everyone!!!
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”