I don't normally read, or quote WAPO, but......

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I don't normally read, or quote WAPO, but......

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Syntyr wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:35 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 pm They controlled for a number of other factors, such as circumstances of shootings and the number of times victims were shot. They then found that all else being equal, a person shot with a medium-caliber weapon, such as a common 9mm handgun, were roughly 2.3 times as likely to die of their wounds than someone shot with a small-caliber gun. Large-caliber gunshots were even deadlier, resulting in odds of death 4.5 times that of small-caliber gunshots.

A large pistol or rifle round is MORE deadly than a .22, or .32.... you dont say?!
This just in folks... people subjected to a nuclear explosion are 1 billion trillion time more likely to die than being shot!

Morons!
Maybe, maybe not. Consider the strange tale of Tsutomu “Lucky” Yamaguchi: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 pm They controlled for a number of other factors, such as circumstances of shootings and the number of times victims were shot. They then found that all else being equal, a person shot with a medium-caliber weapon, such as a common 9mm handgun, were roughly 2.3 times as likely to die of their wounds than someone shot with a small-caliber gun. Large-caliber gunshots were even deadlier, resulting in odds of death 4.5 times that of small-caliber gunshots.

A large pistol or rifle round is MORE deadly than a .22, or .32.... you dont say?!
And yet, these same type of geniuses, pushed for legislation, back in the 70's and 80's to ban "Saturday night specials" which were cheaply made guns, usually chambered in 22 and 32 caliber! If they could have only known then what they know now....... :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Deltaboy »

Bless their hearts my 12 gauge and 30\30 are way more deadly! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Seems like a well done study, though the conclusions have no rational relationship to the data. I'll file that away with Ellifritz's numbers for caliber selection.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

philip964 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:16 pm (Spoiler Alert)

The conclusion is that if criminals could be convinced to use illegal hand guns in Boston that are of the .22 caliber version rather than 9mm or larger. Boston could reduce its deaths by guns by 40%.

Who knew it could be that simple.
Eliminate the gangs by aggressively going after and prosecuting everyone involved and you reduce crime by 80% including homicides.

Leave the rest of us and our guns alone.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”