I don't normally read, or quote WAPO, but......

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

I don't normally read, or quote WAPO, but......

Post by Jusme »

Sorry but I found this to be such a rediculous "study" that I had to post it.
It is titled: Actually Guns do kill people.
I'll let you read it and decide if the left has finally gotten as stupid as humanly possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... edirect=on
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I don't normally read, or quote WAPO, but......

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:06 am Sorry but I found this to be such a rediculous "study" that I had to post it.
It is titled: Actually Guns do kill people.
I'll let you read it and decide if the left has finally gotten as stupid as humanly possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... edirect=on
I don't actually have to subject myself to reading WaPo drivel to know the left is as stupid as humanly possible. :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

philip964

Post by philip964 »

(Spoiler Alert)

The conclusion is that if criminals could be convinced to use illegal hand guns in Boston that are of the .22 caliber version rather than 9mm or larger. Boston could reduce its deaths by guns by 40%.

Who knew it could be that simple.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Is it legal to shoot people in Boston?

jonmo1

Post by jonmo1 »

How about this, with all other things being equal...

Replace the shooters with law abiding citizens, I wonder how much the death rate would change?

Allons

Post by Allons »

Analyzing data on hundreds of shootings in Boston from 2010 to 2014, Anthony Braga of Northeastern University and Philip J. Cook of Duke University found that on a bullet-per-bullet basis, shootings committed with a large-caliber firearm are much more likely to result in a fatality than those with a smaller-caliber gun.
I feel a lot smarter knowing this.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

They controlled for a number of other factors, such as circumstances of shootings and the number of times victims were shot. They then found that all else being equal, a person shot with a medium-caliber weapon, such as a common 9mm handgun, were roughly 2.3 times as likely to die of their wounds than someone shot with a small-caliber gun. Large-caliber gunshots were even deadlier, resulting in odds of death 4.5 times that of small-caliber gunshots.

A large pistol or rifle round is MORE deadly than a .22, or .32.... you dont say?!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

On a side note, it looks like they finally settled the 9mm vs .45ACP debate. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Allons

Post by Allons »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:49 pm On a side note, it looks like they finally settled the 9mm vs .45ACP debate. :biggrinjester:
:lol::
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:49 pm On a side note, it looks like they finally settled the 9mm vs .45ACP debate. :biggrinjester:
And yet, as everyone knows "the faster you go, the bigger the mess"... :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My experience is purely anecdotal, but it is true nonetheless - at least it was when this was happening in my life..... Sure, a GSW patient is more likely to die from a GSW caused by a .45 caliber bullet than a .22 caliber bullet; but a GSW patient is also MANY times more likely to be shot with a .22 than a .45. And this explains why the people I saw who were killed by a .22 outnumbered those killed by all other calibers combined - and that by a significant percentage.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 pm My experience is purely anecdotal, but it is true nonetheless - at least it was when this was happening in my life..... Sure, a GSW patient is more likely to die from a GSW caused by a .45 caliber bullet than a .22 caliber bullet; but a GSW patient is also MANY times more likely to be shot with a .22 than a .45. And this explains why the people I saw who were killed by a .22 outnumbered those killed by all other calibers combined - and that by a significant percentage.
Maybe that's because kids and bad guys can only afford .22LR.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rotor

Post by rotor »

I wonder if getting hit by an SUV is worse than getting hit by a smartcar? Such things to ponder.

howdy

Post by howdy »

The 9mm was paired with the 38 and the 45 was put in a group with the 10mm, .44 mag and a 7.62x39 round. I will agree that the 44, 10mm and AK-47 are more powerful than the 9mm.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 pm They controlled for a number of other factors, such as circumstances of shootings and the number of times victims were shot. They then found that all else being equal, a person shot with a medium-caliber weapon, such as a common 9mm handgun, were roughly 2.3 times as likely to die of their wounds than someone shot with a small-caliber gun. Large-caliber gunshots were even deadlier, resulting in odds of death 4.5 times that of small-caliber gunshots.

A large pistol or rifle round is MORE deadly than a .22, or .32.... you dont say?!
This just in folks... people subjected to a nuclear explosion are 1 billion trillion time more likely to die than being shot!

Morons!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”