Mission to Bankrupt NRA

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Mission to Bankrupt NRA

Post by OneGun »

I find this disturbing that the left is on a mission bankrupt organizations they do not like. I do not approve of the weaponization of the court system.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuom ... re-states
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mission to Bankrupt NRA

Post by flechero »

Is there a way we could return the favor?

Of course several states are already bankrupt and that won't hurt those doing this, but rather the citizenry. Perhaps a number of suits could be filed against cuomo, personally.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

flechero wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 pm Is there a way we could return the favor?

Of course several states are already bankrupt and that won't hurt those doing this, but rather the citizenry. Perhaps a number of suits could be filed against cuomo, personally.
Yes, there is. Vote for candidates who support the 2nd Amendment as well as the rest of the Constitution. Encourage others to do the same.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Loser pays?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Flightmare wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:45 pm
flechero wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 pm Is there a way we could return the favor?

Yes, there is. Vote for candidates who support the 2nd Amendment as well as the rest of the Constitution. Encourage others to do the same.
done and done!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

This is maddening. I hope that the NRA prevails.

But part of me wonders about the impact. NY and NJ are among the worst States in the country who deny 2nd Amendment rights in ownership and particularly concealed carry. It is nearly impossible in either State to get a carry license and those who do are most likely to be friends of the controlling politicians and not exactly NRA friendly to start with. So i cannot imagine that the volume of purchases of the insurance is very high. CA is a little different in that areas outside the major cities are controlled by local sheriffs and are more likely to have concealed carriers. That said, the total number of licenses in the State is in the 40K range.

To that end, exactly how would these States bankrupt the NRA? I completely understand that if legal precedent is set in one of those States and it gets applied to other, more concealed carry friendly States, the impact on the NRA insurance program would be significant.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Andrew Cuomo, the $5 Million dollar man, is a crook since the days when he was at HUD and:
let crooks loot a housing program for the poor that will now cost taxpayers $130 million to bail out.
NY Post

A multi-millionare that lets a housing program for the poor get looted is pretty low in my book. The fact that Cuomo also hates America and the US Constitution (which includes the Second Amendment) says that he has no business working in any government office in our nation.
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the State of New York, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of ......, according to the best of my ability;"
NY Oath of office

Can Cuomo be prosecuted for failing to discharge his duties? He certainly should be booted out of office immediately.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Do they think if they can somehow make the NRA go away that everybody will throw up their hands and go home?
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”