Bloomberg campaign in TX

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bloomberg campaign in TX

Post by strogg »

Here's some food for thought. Instead of the left's current trend of UBC / de facto registration, the feds can expose NICS to all of us lay people. Anyone for any reason (not just for a firearm transfer) can run a NICS check on anyone else. Make an Android and iPhone app for it. Or just create a simple website for it. This gives a way for PPT sellers to ensure the buyer isn't a prohibited person. It also gives a way for people to run simple background checks for online dating, private service hiring, etc. Or even to make sure that data on ourselves is accurate in the database.

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

dhoobler wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:51 am BloombergLetter.pdf

I really like the line:
- and if you like your insurance, you'll be able to keep it.
"rlol"
Sounds familiar, but what about my Dr., can I keep my Dr.? :lol:

Oh how about premiums... can I go back to my pre-obamacare premiums, or are the almost 400% rate hikes we experienced still the cost? :grumble

Speaking of the wonders of obamacare, I had to get an MRI and it was cheaper to private pay than it was to go through my "insurance" and pay the co-pay + XX%. :headscratch

I paid $725 private pay but my portion and copay for it would have been just shy of $1800.... :banghead:

how is it that an MRI cost $725 but my "portion of costs" with insurance is over $1000 MORE than the full cost of the procedure? :mad5

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I do not like Dan Patrick and never have...even ever since he was doubling as a sports and political pundit at AM 610 in Houston. I have groaned ever step up the ladder he has taken. His seeming support for UBC just cinches it for me...have always just had a bad feeling about him.

strogg

Post by strogg »

flechero wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:45 am

I really like the line:
"rlol"

Oh how about premiums... can I go back to my pre-obamacare premiums, or are the almost 400% rate hikes we experienced still the cost? :grumble

Speaking of the wonders of obamacare, I had to get an MRI and it was cheaper to private pay than it was to go through my "insurance" and pay the co-pay + XX%. :headscratch

I paid $725 private pay but my portion and copay for it would have been just shy of $1800.... :banghead:

how is it that an MRI cost $725 but my "portion of costs" with insurance is over $1000 MORE than the full cost of the procedure? :mad5
Working in healthcare and managing their billing systems... Yes. That sounds about right. Dealing with insurance if there is no contract in place (out of network) is a giant PITA. It can literally cost hundreds of dollars for a business (in labor hours, cost for billing system, IT, etc) to file a claim and run through the various appeals to get what they want. So they'll ask for $2k from the insurance company. Insurance company comes back with $500. Appeals get filed, and the insurance company finally cops out $1k. On the other hand, charging you less than what they're expecting is cheaper for them and probably cheaper for you if you haven't met your deductible yet. Thus your $725 bill. They save money, and you spend less. Problem averted. Note that the numbers I threw out are arbitrary. I have no clue how much your procedure is supposed cost.

If there is a contract, it is a lot simpler to file the claim, and the healthcare provider will know exactly how much they're going to get paid. Call it $800. They may still throw out a private pay bill to you just to save from the headache of insurance claims if they determine that your out of pocket costs will be higher. Whether you really want to take it or not depends on how much you expect to get billed for healthcare procedures this year.

Trump recently signed into law a price transparency bill that requires health care providers to publicize their negotiated contract price for each billable procedure and medication. This will theoretically be the first step in driving down healthcare costs to the consumer. It does not solve the issue with the current way insurance companies operate, nor does it solve the actual high cost of healthcare at the provider level. It will still cost your hospital $700 to run that MRI machine.

Welcome to the confusopoly known as "healthcare insurance". It's terrible.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

And now, according to Fox News, Bloomberg is paying between $10 and $11 million for a Super Bowl ad promoting more gun control. Spend the money on the homeless in NYC!
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

dlh

Post by dlh »

AF-Odin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 pm And now, according to Fox News, Bloomberg is paying between $10 and $11 million for a Super Bowl ad promoting more gun control. Spend the money on the homeless in NYC!
Apparently that super-bowl ad can be found here:

Bloomberg conveniently left out the back-story and it can be found here:

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/fort ... 535443.php

Bloomberg did not learn what Beto learned so he will be doomed to repeat it. I think of Bloomberg as a Beto with an unlimited bank account. Scary thought.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Bloomberg conveniently left out the back-story and it can be found here:

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/fort ... 535443.php
sounds more like 'gang violence' than 'gun violence'....... :totap:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flechero »

strogg wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:51 am
flechero wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:45 am

I really like the line:
"rlol"

Working in healthcare and managing their billing systems... Yes. That sounds about right. Dealing with insurance if there is no contract in place (out of network) is a giant PITA. It can literally cost hundreds of dollars for a business (in labor hours, cost for billing system, IT, etc) to file a claim and run through the various appeals to get what they want. So they'll ask for $2k from the insurance company. Insurance company comes back with $500. Appeals get filed, and the insurance company finally cops out $1k. On the other hand, charging you less than what they're expecting is cheaper for them and probably cheaper for you if you haven't met your deductible yet. Thus your $725 bill. They save money, and you spend less. Problem averted. Note that the numbers I threw out are arbitrary. I have no clue how much your procedure is supposed cost.

If there is a contract, it is a lot simpler to file the claim, and the healthcare provider will know exactly how much they're going to get paid. Call it $800. They may still throw out a private pay bill to you just to save from the headache of insurance claims if they determine that your out of pocket costs will be higher. Whether you really want to take it or not depends on how much you expect to get billed for healthcare procedures this year.

Trump recently signed into law a price transparency bill that requires health care providers to publicize their negotiated contract price for each billable procedure and medication. This will theoretically be the first step in driving down healthcare costs to the consumer. It does not solve the issue with the current way insurance companies operate, nor does it solve the actual high cost of healthcare at the provider level. It will still cost your hospital $700 to run that MRI machine.

Welcome to the confusopoly known as "healthcare insurance". It's terrible.
Ironically the comment was about a Scott & White insurance plan cost in a Scott & White MRI facility... surely they know what it cost them??????? Just kidding, been with them long enough to know that even their employees (friends that are Docs) use other providers when available!

Although I actually used a 3rd party MRI facility that (in the opinion of y Dr. ) had a much better resolution than the S & W facilities.

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

Every time I see a BLOOMBUT Commercial I want to puke.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Saw my first one today while out to eat. It was during the Mav's game.

Talked about how he was 'born middle class' and 'worked through college'...

Fails to mention that he is one of the wall street rich that the left loves to vilify.

blech

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I've been involved in i.t. from 1985 to 2013. I never heard of this 'computer Bloomberg invented' in his ads. Turns out it's just a keyboard and a managed information subscription service.....

https://www.fastcompany.com/3051883/the ... g-terminal

pay attention to the part about the 10 million dollar severance package when he got fired at age 39.......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Go To War, Texans, And Do It Now
https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/02 ... do-it-now/
A national gun control advocacy group with financial backing from Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg is pumping $8 million into Texas races this election, with the goal of flipping the state House and returning vulnerable Democrats to Congress.

Everytown for Gun Safety unveiled plans Wednesday to use the same strategies it employed last year in Virginia, where Democrats won control of the state house for the first time in two decades. Since then, Virginia lawmakers have advanced proposals to expand background checks and limit handgun purchases, but a bill to ban assault-style weapons stalled this week.

“We believe Texas can be the next emerging battleground, with gun safety as the tipping point,” Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, said during a call announcing the initiative. “The state is becoming younger and increasingly diverse. And after years of failure by leaders to address gun violence, it’s become a top issue for voters, especially in the suburbs.”

Over a third of the group’s state House targets are in North Texas …

Lena

Post by Lena »

They were out inforce yesterday when I early voted
Stay Safe

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Small part of Democrat debate I saw last night the panel was ganging up him. Don't think he looked good.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”