Not getting excited

This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

Not getting excited

Post by canvasbck »

I'm trying to be involved, but I'm having trouble getting any energy up for this year's session. I just don't see any major advancements happening this year. I don't see libs having enough of a foothold to significantly reduce gun rights either.

Stickland's unlicensed carry bill is DOA (as it probably should be, there is a better way to do it)
I don't hold out much hope for eliminating (or even reducing) prohibited places.
I don't hold out much hope of expanding campus carry to ACTUALLY protect our kids (the best we can hope for is a school marshal bill)
I feel like on the gun side, all we will see is small changes to mostly administrative things. No high profile legislation and nothing that either expands freedom or increases our ability to protect ourselves.

It seems like the legislative priority is to just hold off challenges to our freedom.

Change my mind.......
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Jusme

Re: Not getting excited

Post by Jusme »

Not going to try to change your mind as I get the same impression. My reps, are not putting any emphasis, on expanding our rights, either as LTC holders, or non LTC holders. I think we will be able to stave off any additional restrictions, from the left, but I don't see any advancement. There seems to be a blase attitude, in reducing prohibited places, or streamlining the law regarding the posting of illegal signage by government entities. I don't know if they feel we have everything we want already, or they are afraid to upset the applecart, since the Dems made inroads in the election. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Well after the committee assignments in the house, I feel the same way. I intend to continue writing, calling and voting though. Don’t get stagnant.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TexasJohnBoy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 pm Well after the committee assignments in the house, I feel the same way. I intend to continue writing, calling and voting though. Don’t get stagnant.
Charles himself said that this will be his worst year in 39 years of working with the legislature on gun rights issue. Bonnen’s committee assignments are a disaster for 2A advancements.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

1911 Raptor wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:32 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:07 am
TexasJohnBoy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 pm Well after the committee assignments in the house, I feel the same way. I intend to continue writing, calling and voting though. Don’t get stagnant.
Charles himself said that this will be his worst year in 39 years of working with the legislature on gun rights issue. Bonnen’s committee assignments are a disaster for 2A advancements.
See what happens when RINOS are put in charge!
There are very few non-RINOS in elected office.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”