Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

HB 1169 - Gun Show Background Checks, Class A Misdemeanor

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Marauder42
Posts in topic: 2

Re: HB 1169 - Gun Show Background Checks, Class A Misdemeanor

Post by Marauder42 »

1. For licensed handgun carriers, background checks have already been done. The author/sponsors of this bill - likely Dimocrats (spelling intentional AND more accurate) are aware of this. But what it all fits into is the "back door" registration efforts on the part of these people.
(2) As we've seen in history, gun registration is the natural precursor to confiscation. I only have two (2) firearms that I bought during the Brady Bill fiasco; all others were acquired either through inheritance or private sales, which of course this bill's language makes it plain that "private sales" are the target. Lots of verbiage about Gun Shows, but like so many other laws, its scope will be extended over time.
(3) Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.

Call me suspicious, but in today's legal environment, it pays.

Marauder42
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Marauder42 »

I guessed right; just looked up the bill's author: Rep. Ron Reynolds - (D)

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/suga ... 552594.php

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

Marauder42 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 am 1. For licensed handgun carriers, background checks have already been done. The author/sponsors of this bill - likely Dimocrats (spelling intentional AND more accurate) are aware of this. But what it all fits into is the "back door" registration efforts on the part of these people.
(2) As we've seen in history, gun registration is the natural precursor to confiscation. I only have two (2) firearms that I bought during the Brady Bill fiasco; all others were acquired either through inheritance or private sales, which of course this bill's language makes it plain that "private sales" are the target. Lots of verbiage about Gun Shows, but like so many other laws, its scope will be extended over time.
(3) Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.

Call me suspicious, but in today's legal environment, it pays.
It includes an exception for LTCs and cops.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

yet another Dim written infringement.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”