This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

HB 3054 - Designating June as Gun Violence Awareness month

Post by Papa_Tiger »

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Hi ... ill=HB3054

June is Gun Violence Awareness Month to increase awareness of gun violence and encourage community residents and leaders to discuss and implement methods for reducing or preventing gun violence in order to make communities safer and healthier, especially during the summer months when gun violence typically peaks.

Gun Violence Awareness Month may be regularly observed through appropriate activities in communities to increase awareness and prevention of gun violence.

montgomery

Re: HB 3054 - Designating June as Gun Violence Awareness month

Post by montgomery »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 am https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Hi ... ill=HB3054

June is Gun Violence Awareness Month to increase awareness of gun violence and encourage community residents and leaders to discuss and implement methods for reducing or preventing gun violence in order to make communities safer and healthier, especially during the summer months when gun violence typically peaks.

Gun Violence Awareness Month may be regularly observed through appropriate activities in communities to increase awareness and prevention of gun violence.
Guns do not create violence, violent people do. This bill needs to go bye bye ... is a veiled anti-gun rights propaganda platform that does not need its own month - unless the propagandists agree the ONLY time they can clamor for limiting gun rights is the month of June.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Well, we could celebrate with a whole host of special events: handgun competitions, tactical force on force active shooter exercises, long range precision hostage taker target shoots and trap and skeet competitions. :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jeepers. It’s beginning to look like the dems are trying to flood the legislature with bull anti-gun legislation, just to keep from having to deal with any other pro-gun legislation.

Way to go, Speaker of the House, on your genius committee appointments. :grumble
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Don't you just love it when nonsense, made-up phrases like 'gun violence" are used in nonsense virtue signaling bills by folks whose personal virtue is somewhat suspect? Seriously, though, it does look like the Progressives are trying to inflict death by a thousand cuts.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

This is just a take up space and do nothing but make liberals feel good bill. They need to attend to the business of the State.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

How about July as Gun Rights Appreciation Day, each day of the month a different justified self defense shooting is featured!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

joe817

Post by joe817 »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:08 pm How about July as Gun Rights Appreciation Day, each day of the month a different justified self defense shooting is featured!
I LIKE that idea! :thumbs2: :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I think an amendment needs to be added to this bill. Listing all the times bad guys have decided to target "gun free zones". In order to raise awareness of the violence, we should be pointing out the danger of these types of locations. Anyone else agree?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well, I for one am glad that this bill designating June as Gun Violence Awareness Month has been filed.

I had never heard of gun violence before. :-)

Of course all the people who would shoot someone unlawfully will now cease their transgressions.

Also, all the people who would never shoot someone unlawfully will still refrain from doing that.

See.......virtue signalling works just great!!!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”