Post Mortem

This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Post Mortem

Post by Sport Coach »

Beiruty wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:04 am Here is my Post Mortem Analysis.

Have TSRA and NRA became irrelevant in Texas?
Do they need more money??
Let us raise some cash if so is the case.

NRA and TSRA should spent more on Promoting and enlisting more 2ndA supporters.
Demographics are changing faster than you think
Time is not the friend of 2ndA supporter
Bring 3 new friends each year to the range
Talking about 2ndA and firearms is not a taboo nor a crime
I not only got a lefty neighbor to the gun range a few times but she just successfully passed her LTC written and shooting tests with flying colors!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AF-Odin »

There are many Republicans (office holders and voters) out there that could really care less about firearms related issues either pro or con. My older sister for example has been a life-long Republican (she is now 75) and is, at best, ambivalent about guns and hunting. She once owned a gun for personal protection, but finally gave it to me as a couple of years ago as she was afraid someone would steal it and use it in a crime. THESE are the ones we need to educate and tell our side of the story. The only way to do that is professionally, courteously, logically, and with numbers! Those numbers need to be in membership in NRA/TSRA/GOA or whatever gun rights organization or organizations fits you. We do not need to threaten or be in their face, but do need to let them know our positions and that we will watch how they vote. Even with those critters called RINOs, they are better than anything we would get from a politician with a D after their name today. :tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

Stan U wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:05 pm
jerry_r60 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 am An accomplishment I didn't see posted already: All the bad bills that didn't pass. There was a fairly lengthy list as I recall. Good defense is also good play, just not as spectacular as good offense.
I didn't rob a bank today. Where's my trophy?
I think you missed the point. It takes action to block some bad bills just like it takes action to pass good ones. If they did nothing, to stop them, bad bills would get passed. Credit is due for a block of a bad one just like a pass of a good one.

Topic author
canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Stan U wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:05 pm
jerry_r60 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 am An accomplishment I didn't see posted already: All the bad bills that didn't pass. There was a fairly lengthy list as I recall. Good defense is also good play, just not as spectacular as good offense.
I didn't rob a bank today. Where's my trophy?
I guess you don't consider killing bad bills an accomplishment?

Chas.
I do, that's part of the purpose of my original post. This session didn't give the TSRA or NRA an opportunity to do anything that we could see. I want a post mortem so that the things that were done on our behalf are mentioned.

I also want to highlight how much damage Bonnen really did. Without his actions, I don't think we have to spend as much political capital killing bad bills and can spend it on promoting good ones.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

on first pass....
I know most of you aren't night owls....
Being able to function late at night is part of the Speaker's job. Sorry but it is. Speaker Bonnen turns into a royal jerk at about 9.00pm. I thought Poncho was bad, but I'm pretty sure he took his lessons from Bonnen.
Bonnen needs to go. He's a bully, he's a jerk, he isn't Speaker material.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”