2019 Firearms Related Bills That Made it to Governor Abbott

This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2019 Firearms Related Bills That Made it to Governor Abbott

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Shalafein wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:07 pm Did you catch HB 446?
Apparently Gov Abbott signed it this last week, takes effect Sep 1st.

It was initially reported as removing “illegal weapons” such as blackjacks, clubs, and knuckles from the list of illegal weapons, but I’m not sure what the final language ended up being.
Here’s your answer:
https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86R/b ... 00446F.htm
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rancid Crabtree

Post by Rancid Crabtree »

“HB 1078 - Relating to waiving certain driver's license and handgun license fees for certain applicants who hold a certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation”
I kind of like this one. If you get CPR training you can get DL and LTC fees waived.
As to…exercises, I advise the gun…it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

cw3van

Post by cw3van »

I'm sure this may have been answered somewhere but I promise I tried to find it. My question is about HB 1552 deals with Texas Retired Law Enforcement Officers among other changes is that we will have to qualify every year instead of every 2 years for me that means about a hundred mile trip one way. Before I retired LTC instructors could qualify & requalify LEOSA retirees does anyone know if they will be able to do the firearm qualification under the new law starting in September for Texas Retirees?
cw3van
Retired LEO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

cw3van wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:06 pm I'm sure this may have been answered somewhere but I promise I tried to find it. My question is about HB 1552 deals with Texas Retired Law Enforcement Officers among other changes is that we will have to qualify every year instead of every 2 years for me that means about a hundred mile trip one way. Before I retired LTC instructors could qualify & requalify LEOSA retirees does anyone know if they will be able to do the firearm qualification under the new law starting in September for Texas Retirees?
I see nothing in the law that would change that, though TCOLE may read it differently than I do. But it does make it easier for a local angency to qualify you for another agency. That may help cut your commute down if they say LTC instructors cannot certify you.
Steve Rothstein

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

HB 1168 was vetoed by Abbott.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

The description of HB 302 is a bit misleading by mentioning "commercial". The bill refers to chapters 81 (condos), 82 (condos), 92 (residential), and 94 (manufactured homes). I don't see anything related to commercial property.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

imkopaka wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:34 am HB 1168 was vetoed by Abbott.
That took some looking up. So he vetoed expanding the Gun Free area of the airport.... ok...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”