Deer lease wanted

This forum is for Members with at least 150 posts. Such Members can post one item per month and all other Market Section rules apply.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Deer lease wanted

Post by RPBrown »

Mods, please move if not in right place.

Well, I suspected it was coming. The owner of the land I have leased for 20+ years passed away in November. I just got notice from his estate that they are not renewing any leases and are selling the land, so I am without a place to hunt. Does anyone know of a lease reasonably close (150-200 miles) from the DFW area that doesn't charge 6 or more body parts?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

TomV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Deer lease wanted

Post by TomV »

I'm right there with you. I got the phone call a couple weeks ago. Headed down this weekend for my first of two trips to clear my stuff.

Good luck finding a place.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Good luck to you both!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RPBrown wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:44 am Mods, please move if not in right place.

Well, I suspected it was coming. The owner of the land I have leased for 20+ years passed away in November. I just got notice from his estate that they are not renewing any leases and are selling the land, so I am without a place to hunt. Does anyone know of a lease reasonably close (150-200 miles) from the DFW area that doesn't charge 6 or more body parts?
we use a place in bowie county, off hwy 259 near Deklab
its a huge place over 200 acres and is 1200 a year, this comes with 24/7 availability
hogs, deer, turkeys, fishing on sulphur river.
the down side for us, is it 74 miles from our place in quitman, the county road getting to it is HORRIBLE, its a graded clay, dirt caliche that stays wet and slippery for weeks after the rain and does flood often. we dont have a side by side and this prevents us from using 80% of property. but what we use is full of wildlife.
ours expires in aug. pm me and i can send you a number to talk to the lease guy that has all the owner info
the owner in in little rock and only allows 5 hunters to buy in per year so the place is never crowded.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210318-125004.png
Screenshot_20210318-124926.png
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

powerboatr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:46 pm
RPBrown wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:44 am Mods, please move if not in right place.

its a huge place over 200 acres and is 1200 a year, this comes with 24/7 availability
the down side for us, is it 74 miles from our place in quitman, the county road getting to it is HORRIBLE, its a graded clay, dirt caliche that stays wet and slippery for weeks after the rain and does flood often. we dont have a side by side and this prevents us from using 80% of property. but what we use is full of wildlife.
ours expires in aug. pm me and i can send you a number to talk to the lease guy that has all the owner info
the owner in in little rock and only allows 5 hunters to buy in per year so the place is never crowded.
I'm curious, is that $1200 per hunter?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

puma guy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:18 pm
powerboatr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:46 pm

I'm curious, is that $1200 per hunter?
yes the current rate is 1200. owner limits it to 5 but prefers 4 per 12 month lease. you can hunt 24/7 of any critter in season, respecting bag limits. hogs are the only exception, take all you want to harvest, not just kill.
you can bring a plus 1 but that hunter goes against your bag limits on those animals under limits. we go during the week, never had anyone there but my wife and i.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Non-Firearm related items”