Three Seconds or Less - Karl Rhen

Personal practice/training stories, tips and questions. This is not a place for advertising courses or classes.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Three Seconds or Less - Karl Rhen

Post by oljames3 »

https://www.krtraining.com/IPSC/Informa ... OrLess.htm
This drill is roughly twice as hard as the Texas LTC shooting test, and requires shooting with about 50% of the speed and accuracy of an IPSC Grand Master. Anyone in "C" class in IPSC, or Sharpshooter in IDPA, should be able to shoot a 100% of the points on this drill. It's not intended to challenge advanced level shooters. It's intended to define a baseline minimum competency level every person that carries concealed should be able to achieve.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Three Seconds or Less - Karl Rhen

Post by Paladin »

Interesting to see this drill at Maximum Speed: Three Seconds or a LOT less, Maximum Speed

Clark is faster than me out of the holster, in that he carries Appendix IWB. Would probably be more realistic if he shot the drill with the G19 rather than a G34, but it actually comforts me to know his shooting times vs. my shooting times. Stoeger is on a whole 'nother level, but he was using USPSA Production competition gear and practices a whole lot more, so I can't feel too bad on that.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Three Seconds or Less - Karl Rhen

Post by oljames3 »

This is an older version of the test. The current version calls for at least three head shots to pass at the top level. I also uses the KRT-2 target. Not sure how the older version was scored, but one of Clark's head shots was low-right and appears to be a miss on the KRT-2.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Training & Practice”