MantisX Basic Marksmanship patch

Personal practice/training stories, tips and questions. This is not a place for advertising courses or classes.

Moderator: carlson1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MantisX Basic Marksmanship patch

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm thinking about getting this. For those who have it, do you think the live fire capability is worth the extra money?

The X2 is $99.99 and the X3 is $169.99. It appears that the only difference is being able to use the X3 for live fire.

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 pm I'm thinking about getting this. For those who have it, do you think the live fire capability is worth the extra money?

The X2 is $99.99 and the X3 is $169.99. It appears that the only difference is being able to use the X3 for live fire.
You'd have to gauge it for yourself. I primarily use MantisX for dry fire, but it is just as amazing for live fire, because live fire is when crucial training for recoil management occurs. Lots of people begin to exhibit a flinch after 9 or 10 rounds of live fire. A coach can run a ball and dummy drill which is helpful, but MantisX does a better job evaluating live fire strings.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Paladin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:00 am
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:40 pm I'm thinking about getting this. For those who have it, do you think the live fire capability is worth the extra money?

You'd have to gauge it for yourself. I primarily use MantisX for dry fire, but it is just as amazing for live fire, because live fire is when crucial training for recoil management occurs. Lots of people begin to exhibit a flinch after 9 or 10 rounds of live fire. A coach can run a ball and dummy drill which is helpful, but MantisX does a better job evaluating live fire strings.
Thanks. This is helpful. I think I'll bite the bullet and get the X3.

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

MantisX just released an updated APP with their new "Elite Marksmanship Course"

You have to complete the Basic and Advanced Marksmanship courses first. I'm downloading the new app to give it a try.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Training & Practice”