CSAT Standards

Personal practice/training stories, tips and questions. This is not a place for advertising courses or classes.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

CSAT Standards

Post by Paladin »

Paul Howe's COMBAT SHOOTING & TACTICS Standards for Pistol, Rifle, and Sniper are listed here.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jb2012

Re: CSAT Standards

Post by jb2012 »

I think “sniper” should be swapped with rifleman/marksman, as a “sniper” is typically not moving, or jumping up and down. Not saying they don’t or haven’t, that drill just fits the description of rifleman way better.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I think “sniper” should be swapped with rifleman/marksman, as a “sniper” is typically not moving, or jumping up and down. Not saying they don’t or haven’t, that drill just fits the description of rifleman way better.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

jb2012 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:16 pm I think “sniper” should be swapped with rifleman/marksman, as a “sniper” is typically not moving, or jumping up and down. Not saying they don’t or haven’t, that drill just fits the description of rifleman way better.
I've trained on the Pistol and Rifle standards. They are good standards and widely used for Special Operations. The Sniper standards are new to me, so I can't really comment on them.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Training & Practice”