Federal Judge Rolls Back Key Parts Of New York's Times Square Gun Ban

The SCOTUS decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen has spawned numerous 2A cases. This justifies the creation of this new forum.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

"Simply stated, instead of moving toward becoming a shall-issue jurisdiction, New York State has further entrenched itself as a shall-not-issue jurisdiction. And, by doing so, it has further reduced a first-class constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense... into a mere request," Suddaby wrote.

The ruling would still ban concealed firearms from sensitive areas, such as government buildings, education facilities, and places of worship, but the judge said the state couldn't ban guns from public places like Times Square.
Corrupt Antigunner Hochul must be having a terrible, no good, very bad day! :smilelol5:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin

Re: Federal Judge Rolls Back Key Parts Of New York's Times Square Gun Ban

Post by Paladin »

So is Hochul saying it's not okay for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves in certain areas?
Yep. To Hochul, apparently most New Yorker's are Helots who don't have fundamental human rights.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

]Corrupt Antigunner Hochul must be having a terrible, no good, very bad day! :smilelol5:
At one time, I believed that it was possible for "these types" to feel defeat. I no longer do. I'm convinced that they are psychotic and feed of new opportunities to oppress their fellow humans. There is never wound licking time. A defeat is simply an opportunity to attack in a different direction. Just like the statement that there is no bad advertising, a setback brings renewed media focus and an enhanced opportunity to control the news cycle for another day.

Anyone who is expecting contrition from Hochul and her ilk when they get slapped down doesn't understand the definition of zealot. The version of that definition that I prefer is "A fanatically committed person." I cannot believe that the polls are showing the likely re-election of Michigan's Witmer. If there is someone more fanatical than Hochul, it it Witmer. And then there is Lightfoot. I rest my case.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:50 am
]Corrupt Antigunner Hochul must be having a terrible, no good, very bad day! :smilelol5:
At one time, I believed that it was possible for "these types" to feel defeat. I no longer do. I'm convinced that they are psychotic and feed of new opportunities to oppress their fellow humans. There is never wound licking time. A defeat is simply an opportunity to attack in a different direction. Just like the statement that there is no bad advertising, a setback brings renewed media focus and an enhanced opportunity to control the news cycle for another day.

Anyone who is expecting contrition from Hochul and her ilk when they get slapped down doesn't understand the definition of zealot. The version of that definition that I prefer is "A fanatically committed person." I cannot believe that the polls are showing the likely re-election of Michigan's Witmer. If there is someone more fanatical than Hochul, it it Witmer. And then there is Lightfoot. I rest my case.
Not that I disagree with your overall premise, but never trust the polls. They're just like "climate scientists", they give results they are paid to produce.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:33 am
chasfm11 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:50 am

Not that I disagree with your overall premise, but never trust the polls. They're just like "climate scientists", they give results they are paid to produce.
I will never understand how these types get elected in the first place. Either people in those areas are complete sheep or there are a lot of them not voting.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Just saw an article that Orthodox Jewish congregations in NYC are pushing back over NY's complete ban on firearms in "Houses of Worship." They state that due to significant Anti-Semitism they need guns to protect their congregations.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

AF-Odin wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:01 am Just saw an article that Orthodox Jewish congregations in NYC are pushing back over NY's complete ban on firearms in "Houses of Worship." They state that due to significant Anti-Semitism they need guns to protect their congregations.
The unfortunate part is the Jewish population in NYC is a big reason for the continued election success of the Democrats there. While I admit that the gun bans have been in effect since at least the Sullivan Act (1911), the NYC Democrats have never allowed any repeal momentum to build. Now, they have a problem.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:22 pm
AF-Odin wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:01 am Just saw an article that Orthodox Jewish congregations in NYC are pushing back over NY's complete ban on firearms in "Houses of Worship." They state that due to significant Anti-Semitism they need guns to protect their congregations.
The unfortunate part is the Jewish population in NYC is a big reason for the continued election success of the Democrats there. While I admit that the gun bans have been in effect since at least the Sullivan Act (1911), the NYC Democrats have never allowed any repeal momentum to build. Now, they have a problem.
Again! I just don't get it! What is wrong with those people. They vote against their own best interests??? They learned nothing from their history? People from New York can't possibly feel safe. But they continue to vote for Democrats like they have some kind of brain malfunction.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:02 pm
Again! I just don't get it! What is wrong with those people. They vote against their own best interests??? They learned nothing from their history? People from New York can't possibly feel safe. But they continue to vote for Democrats like they have some kind of brain malfunction.
You do know you are not supposed to vote for your own best self-interest, right? You should be voting for what is best for the community/state/country overall.

Having pointed that out, I will now tell you why the Democrats have such a strong hold in NYC. It all dates back to 1850, when the thugs in NYC learned how to rig an election. You may have heard of this since it is famously known as the Tammany Hall scandals. The thugs are still in charge.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks

srothstein wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:02 pm
You do know you are not supposed to vote for your own best self-interest, right? You should be voting for what is best for the community/state/country overall.

Having pointed that out, I will now tell you why the Democrats have such a strong hold in NYC. It all dates back to 1850, when the thugs in NYC learned how to rig an election. You may have heard of this since it is famously known as the Tammany Hall scandals. The thugs are still in charge.
That has to be a major part of it. New York is wanting to allow non-citizens to vote in elections now. How is that even constitutional? Those folks are completely mad. Major ballot tampering or something.

Return to “Second Amendment Cases”