Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 42

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:32 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am
This is a cautionary tale in many respects. One that stands out to me is that should I be force to use my self-defense handgun, I will be; 1) in fear for my life, 2) under extreme stress, 3) deciding and acting in seconds. Conversely, the jury will be; 1) in complete safety and relative comfort, 2) under relatively little stress, 3) deciding and acting in hours/days/weeks. What seemed reasonable to me in the moment may not appear reasonable to the jury in hindsight.
This is so very true! Sitting in a nice safe court room it is easy to arm chair quarterback.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm

There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

WildBill
Posts in topic: 17

Post by WildBill » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm

I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
NRA Endowment Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 20

Post by carlson1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm

WildBill wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm
I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:31 pm

WildBill wrote:

I kept wondering if he put chocolate syrup and peanuts on it or was just eating it plain.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm

carlson1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm
WildBill wrote:

He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.
I dunno. If he had the munchies he would have been sitting there with a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and pizza rolls heating up in his oven.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:32 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm
carlson1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm
WildBill wrote:

I dunno. If he had the munchies he would have been sitting there with a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and pizza rolls heating up in his oven.
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

hondo44
Banned

Post by hondo44 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm
No. It's called the Department of Justice, not the Department of Legal.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am

hondo44 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
I stand by my statement.

If you think the Dept of Justice is about justice, you need to ask the Branch Davidians, Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, Lavoy Finicum at Malheur, and all of the other victims murdered at the hands of the Dept of Justice.

Oh yes, also look at your goddess Hitlery. You call the investigation into her justice? Communist justice maybe.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:50 am

anygunanywhere wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am
hondo44 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
I stand by my statement.

If you think the Dept of Justice is about justice, you need to ask the Branch Davidians, Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, Lavoy Finicum at Malheur, and all of the other victims murdered at the hands of the Dept of Justice.

Oh yes, also look at your goddess Hitlery. You call the investigation into her justice? Communist justice maybe.
Regardless, we have the best justice/legal system that money can buy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”