Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 42
Posts: 8357
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#406

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:32 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am
This is a cautionary tale in many respects. One that stands out to me is that should I be force to use my self-defense handgun, I will be; 1) in fear for my life, 2) under extreme stress, 3) deciding and acting in seconds. Conversely, the jury will be; 1) in complete safety and relative comfort, 2) under relatively little stress, 3) deciding and acting in hours/days/weeks. What seemed reasonable to me in the moment may not appear reasonable to the jury in hindsight.
This is so very true! Sitting in a nice safe court room it is easy to arm chair quarterback.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7385
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#407

Post by anygunanywhere » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm

There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 16971
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#408

Post by WildBill » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm

I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 20
Posts: 10213
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#409

Post by carlson1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm

WildBill wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm
I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.
Image

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 42
Posts: 8357
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#410

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:31 pm

WildBill wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm
I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
I kept wondering if he put chocolate syrup and peanuts on it or was just eating it plain.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 42
Posts: 8357
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#411

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm

carlson1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm
WildBill wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm
I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.
I dunno. If he had the munchies he would have been sitting there with a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and pizza rolls heating up in his oven.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7385
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#412

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:32 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm
carlson1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm
WildBill wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:18 pm
I have been reading some news reports about the shooting of Botham Jean and many of them
reveal that he was eating vanilla ice cream in his apartment when he was shot and killed.
Am I reading too much into this or would it have mattered if he was eating chocolate ice cream? :headscratch

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dalla ... index.html
He had just smoked marijuana with the neighbor who was killed a week or so back. I guess the marijuana gave him the munchies and the ice cream was a fix.
I dunno. If he had the munchies he would have been sitting there with a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and pizza rolls heating up in his oven.
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood


hondo44
Banned
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#413

Post by hondo44 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm
There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
No. It's called the Department of Justice, not the Department of Legal.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7385
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#414

Post by anygunanywhere » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am

hondo44 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm
There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
No. It's called the Department of Justice, not the Department of Legal.
I stand by my statement.

If you think the Dept of Justice is about justice, you need to ask the Branch Davidians, Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, Lavoy Finicum at Malheur, and all of the other victims murdered at the hands of the Dept of Justice.

Oh yes, also look at your goddess Hitlery. You call the investigation into her justice? Communist justice maybe.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6158
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

#415

Post by Liberty » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:50 am

anygunanywhere wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am
hondo44 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm
There is no justice system. We have a legal system.
No. It's called the Department of Justice, not the Department of Legal.
I stand by my statement.

If you think the Dept of Justice is about justice, you need to ask the Branch Davidians, Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, Lavoy Finicum at Malheur, and all of the other victims murdered at the hands of the Dept of Justice.

Oh yes, also look at your goddess Hitlery. You call the investigation into her justice? Communist justice maybe.
Regardless, we have the best justice/legal system that money can buy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Post Reply

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”