Helped DPS Tonight - Brought Back Old Memories

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Helped DPS Tonight - Brought Back Old Memories

Post by carlson1 »

I had to go to East Texas for some doctor visits. My wife and I stopped at the Cracker Barrel on Hwy 69 and I-20. As we went to exit the parking lot I noticed a DPS Trooper's car to my left and he was in the ditch fighting with a mexican male with two males with their hands on the front of his car. I jumped out and as I approached I told him several times loudly that I was coming to assist. We struggled with the man and got him rolled over and the Trooper was able to get the cuffs on. All said and done he took my license and I handed him my CHL and he looked at me and said "your a good guy and I don't need it that." After we exchanged a few stories and my phone number other officer's arrived and I was sent off feeling good for the night. It brought back the old times.
...Man in ditch went to jail for DWI and several other charges. The two on the road went to jail for PI.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

BRAVO!

Good call in announcing your intent to assist, well before you got into the frackus...Extremely good call...

That way if they (L.E.O.) can either accept, or hold you off if need be...

They might not know otherwise, if your intent would be to either help them, or help the suspect...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Thanks Carlson, I will also add that to my mental training. Anounce the approach. Good job.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

txinvestigator

Re: Helped DPS Tonight - Brought Back Old Memories

Post by txinvestigator »

carlson1 wrote:I had to go to East Texas for some doctor visits. My wife and I stopped at the Cracker Barrel on Hwy 69 and I-20. As we went to exit the parking lot I noticed a DPS Trooper's car to my left and he was in the ditch fighting with a mexican male with two males with their hands on the front of his car. I jumped out and as I approached I told him several times loudly that I was coming to assist. We struggled with the man and got him rolled over and the Trooper was able to get the cuffs on. All said and done he took my license and I handed him my CHL and he looked at me and said "your a good guy and I don't need it that." After we exchanged a few stories and my phone number other officer's arrived and I was sent off feeling good for the night. It brought back the old times.
...Man in ditch went to jail for DWI and several other charges. The two on the road went to jail for PI.
Thank goodness for people like you.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

stevie_d_64 wrote:BRAVO!

Good call in announcing your intent to assist, well before you got into the frackus...Extremely good call...

That way if they (L.E.O.) can either accept, or hold you off if need be...

I'll second that!

JLaw

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

That story brought back a memory of mine. :grin:

I had stopped a thug and pulled him out of the car and was attempting to pat him down. He kept taking his hands off the car. I told him if he did not keep his hands there, he was going to get hit.

thug pushed off of car and comes around and hits me in the face. I stand there like an idiot, he hits me again. I start fighting and winning, he slips away and starts running down the road. I chase, but he is getting away.

Out of nowhere a truck comes racing past me w/ a short guy standing up in the bed. The truck passes me and comes to a stop in the middle of the road, the short guy jumps out of the truck and runs into a backyard.

I come chugging into the back yard and see my thug on his knees and the citizen over him with a 2X4 saying, "If you move again, you get hit again." There was a chain link fence between the two of us. I was so tired I did not want to attempt to get over the fence. So I threw my cuffs to the citizen and he cuffed him up.

As I am getting this guys info for the report, I ask his occupation----
Rodeo Clown! I started laughing out loud.

DA would not accept Assault on a PO, so they charged him with Class A Assault.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dws1117 »

Glenn, that story could almost be posted in LEO bloopers as well.

You've got to be one crazy, tough hombre to be a rodeo clown.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

dws1117 wrote:Glenn, that story could almost be posted in LEO bloopers as well.

You've got to be one crazy, tough hombre to be a rodeo clown.
That is too good!!!

I for one thought the guy might have jumped out of the bed of the truck and bull-dogged the "thug"...Couple of half-hitches with a piggin' line or something...And boom, TIME!!!

Crazy things happening in Baytown I hear these days! :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I for one thought the guy might have jumped out of the bed of the truck and bull-dogged the "thug"...Couple of half-hitches with a piggin' line or something...And boom, TIME!!!
That's exactly where my mind went, too! :lol:

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

I talked to our rodeo hero after the deal and he stated he was driving and he stopped to get out and help, but saw the thug run off. He was going to get back in the truck and go on about his way, but his wife moved across the benchseat and told him to get in the bed. She told him he wasn't going to quit now.

Glenn

I'm sitting here laughing thinking it would have been all the better if he would have been "on-duty" rather than "off-duty".

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I'm sitting here laughing thinking it would have been all the better if he would have been "on-duty" rather than "off-duty".
I'd love to see that on COPS. That would have made the evening news for sure.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

dws1117 wrote:
I'd love to see that on COPS. That would have made the evening news for sure.
That sounds more like Reno 9-1-1. :grin:

Except in Reno, the clown would be beating the cops. :lol:

Kevin

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

KBCraig wrote:
That sounds more like Reno 9-1-1. :grin:

Except in Reno, the clown would be beating the cops. :lol:

Kevin
and the clown would be naked.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Thanks guys. Now I need to replace my keyboard. :smilelol5:

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”