made by store clerk-reposted

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
newlife12176
Posts in topic: 1

made by store clerk-reposted

Post by newlife12176 »

Hello all. I am new to this forum, but not new to guns and shooting. I wanted to share my exciting/troubling experience with you all tonight. I live in Fort Worth. I just drove my SUV down to Hemphill to grab some yummy Mexican tacos in the not so nice neighborhood. This is a place I go all the time. I am carrying my 38 special in an Uncle Mikes IWB holster at 12 oclock. Well, I walked into the convienence store that the taco truck is next to so I could grab a coke. As I am walking to the counter I notice my shirt has rode up slightly and hooked over my pistol. I ran out of the house and grabbed a shirt that was lying on the floor. Its cotton and has shrunk a little. I normally would not try and conceal my weapon with this shirt, but was in a hurry. Well, I look up and the clerk sees my pistol right as I notice it and reach up and grab my shirt to cover it back up. He looks at me with a weird look on his face, I buy my coke and thank him and nothing else is said. I go out to my truck and proceed to eat my yummy tacos. Well about 5 minutes later I notice that he is closing his doors and locking up. I thought it was weird because it was only 6pm and he left his "open" sign on. I don't think much of it and continue eating. 5 minutes later I here something outside my truck. I see bright lights and see pistols in my face. I hear "put your hands up and don't move a muscle, Fort Worth Police". I look over and see like 5 officers surrounding my truck throwing down on me. Luckily my doors were unlocked so they didn't have to break my windows. Next thing you know I have this very nervous/edgy cop in my face with his Beretta inches from my face. He says "were is your gun"? First thing out of my mouth was "CHl, CHL, I'm a CHL". Thought that would lighten the mood up a little but I can assure you it didn't. I said, "I am carrying a .38 special in my waist band at 12 oclock". He reaches down and disarms me. He asked if I had anything else in the truck. I said, "yes there is a S&W 9mm 5906 tactical in my briefcase and my Mossberg home defender is riding next to me stuffed in between the passenger seat and console. All the officers were like what we got here? Keep in mind this all happened in about 30 seconds.
The first officer proceeds to pull me out, grabs my arm and pushes me to the ground felony stop style. Of course he cuffs me up, pulls my pockets out and slings my assisted opening knife across the concrete. I get stuffed into the back of the cop car after they secure my weapons. They go inside and talk to the clerk who proceeds to tell them that he was robbed a few days ago at gunpoint. Little did he know I was one of the good guys. If I really wanted to rob him he would already be broke. He called the cops because he thought I was going to rob him. Now I am sitting here thinking am I going downtown for failing to conceal my weapon? Well the officers still have not gotten my CHL license out of my wallet. Apparently they were looking me up on their system. Well they finally came back to the car and opened the back door. They asked if I was really a CHL because I wasn't coming up and where was my license. I told them it was in my wallet. Finally they found it and ran my name for warrants. One officer came up to me and said, "dont worry, if your clean we will cut you loose", the clerk is just a little freaked out." I'm kinda freaked out too cause there are 8 cop cars there and everyone kinda seemed confused. They finally settled everything down and let me out and took off the cuffs. They were like, "son whats the deal with all the firepower. Why do you have that shotgun with the surefire light and 6 shell side saddle"? I said, "same reason you do sir, protection. He was like ,"are you some kind of gun nut"? Now of course I was at the gun show yesterday and today and have been surfing the forum all day, but I was like "no not really". They told me the clerk freaked out and thought I was gonna come bustin in there. I was thinking to myself if I wanted to rob the store I sure wouldnt be in the parking lot eating tacos after he saw my weapon. Well, we all joked around a bit and the mood lightened up. One officer told me he had the same shotgun at home and proceeded to tell me his 38 is in an ankle holster. They handed me back all my guns unloaded and told me my briefcase was full of my ammo (thirteen 9mm rounds five 38 rounds and 6 double OO 12 gauge shells. They apologized for having to ruin my meal and I said ,"no problem officers, you guys are doing a fine job I am glad to be going home." They told me to be more careful and I shook a few hands and went back to load my weapons. All in all it was an o.k. experience. Cant say things could have been any better. Again, I know I made an error. I don't need anyone telling me that. Save it. One day when your shirt blows up from the wind and someone makes you, you will know it CAN happen. I just thought I would share this interesting experience with you all. Be safe and have fun.

newlife12176

KBCraig
Banned

Re: made by store clerk-reposted

Post by KBCraig »

:shock:

Paragraphs are your friend.

Sorry, but I could not read that at all without going cross-eyed.

texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

I can actually understand all the action's taken by the clerk and the police so nobody is to blame and I hope you asked them all to remember your SUV, plate, face and name as one of the good guy's! Heck with your arsenal you would make a good backup :lol: !
Peace Officer

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This story has already been posted and is already 4 pages long. Why RE-post it?

Moderators, can we put a redirect in this thread to the original thread?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

The Annoyed Man wrote:This story has already been posted and is already 4 pages long. Why RE-post it?

Moderators, can we put a redirect in this thread to the original thread?
:headscratch I was kinda of wondering that same thing. :headscratch
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Yes, this was already a lengthy discussion here http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =7&t=20200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any futher discussion can be continued in that thread.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”