Thinking becoming a COP which better HPD or Harris County

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Boma
Posts in topic: 2

Thinking becoming a COP which better HPD or Harris County

Post by Boma »

The tought of being a leo intrigues me and it looks like an exciting career. Which is better to apply for HPD or the Harris County Sheriff's department?

I'm just thinking about it right now, an officer told me I could do computer office work after 2 years as a patrolman.

Texasdoc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texasdoc »

I think the SO would be a better choice, but as I was a Deputy for Bastrop county. I am a little Pro Sheriff if you can't tell.

doc
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

Topic author
Boma
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Boma »

I'm 5'7" 140lbs do you think I I'm big enough to be an officer?

Chris

Post by Chris »

you might find it easier to get on with a PD than the sheriff's office. a lot of SOs use the jail to pick from, because a large majority feels that working for the jail will put them in the law enforcement field and open up opportunities. the bigger SOs hire out of the jails, the smaller ones hire out of their reserve pools. PDs hire generally because they don't have jails to pull people from.

cxm

Re: Thinking becoming a COP which better HPD or Harris Count

Post by cxm »

Are those the only choices????????

Look into DPS.

V/r

Chuck
Boma wrote:The tought of being a leo intrigues me and it looks like an exciting career. Which is better to apply for HPD or the Harris County Sheriff's department?

I'm just thinking about it right now, an officer told me I could do computer office work after 2 years as a patrolman.
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”