police contacts

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mec
Posts in topic: 1

police contacts

Post by mec »

I've had three or four pull-overs all handled professionally by DPS and Local Police. Others who have not had their chl license up front have run into some unpleasant experiences.

One local guy who runs a safe company was coming back from San Antonio with a flatbed loaded with safes. He had forgotten to hook up the break/signal lights and got pulled over by the Travis Co (austin) Sheriffs department. He forgot to show them his chl and they halled him in charted him with the traffic stuff and failure to display.

It took him six hours just to get out of there and several months to get out from under the failure to display license charge. They dropped that when he agreed to pay a $300 fine for not having his tail lights hooked up.

Another guy got reamed by a pro-chl small town officer when he forgot to show the license.

A local policeman was non judgemental when I reported having repelled three burglars with my revolver. He believed that they would probably not come back- particularly not when I might be at home to shoot them.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”