A little bit undressed?

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 1

A little bit undressed?

Post by bilgerat57 »

Some years ago I was working at the county jail. We had a couple of DPS troopers who worked out of the facility as well. One of them (I'll call him Rick) was particularly known for being a real go-getter. As I was leaving the jail early in the morning after a long shift, 'Rick' zooms into the parking lot in his cruiser, leaps out and bounces towards the door. I said good morning and asked him if he was ready for another great day? Oh yeah! he boomed. I'm all over them bad guys today! I just looked at him and asked, "Don't you think you should finish dressing first?" He stopped dead in his tracks, looked down, and realized he had forgotten his duty belt. No gun, no cuffs, no nothing. He left the parking lot a bit faster than he arrived. I never said anything to anyone else about that, but it was quite a while before he didn't turn red when ever we met...... ;-)
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Re: A little bit undressed?

Post by speedsix »

...one busy night while a training officer...I left the station with my rookie after about the third booking of the night...got about a mile away, and it hit me...all I had in my holster was the key to the gunlocker...I mumbled something unpostable and turned around...my rookie thought he had me till I pulled my Combat Commander from my shoulder holster...he REALLY settled down when I pulled my M60 2" from my boot holster...and got plumb humble when I asked him where he carried HIS backup...but he knew I was embarrassed...my face weren't no yellow light...it was full red!!!

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

I was in a retail store recently when two uniformed officers showed up to take a shoplifter into custody. As they passed me, I noticed one of them had no magazine in his duty gun. I caught up to him, asked him for a moment of his time and politely informed him of my observation. The look on his face was exactly what you'd expect. He thanked me, fixed it and went on his way.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

HighVelocity wrote:I was in a retail store recently when two uniformed officers showed up to take a shoplifter into custody. As they passed me, I noticed one of them had no magazine in his duty gun. I caught up to him, asked him for a moment of his time and politely informed him of my observation. The look on his face was exactly what you'd expect. He thanked me, fixed it and went on his way.
This one made me laugh the most. Good catch HighVelocity :thumbs2:

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

...he probably hoped it had fallen out in his patrol car...instead of at his girlfriend's place...

alvins

Post by alvins »

i was watching cops once and this officer had his 1911 pointed at the guy while he was being arrested. you could see the hammer down on his gun.didnt know those 1911 were double actions...

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”