Pulled over for level 1 inspection

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
elwood blooz
Posts in topic: 3

Pulled over for level 1 inspection

Post by elwood blooz »

I have a dedicated route from Houston to Beaumont. I'll usually get a load back to Houston just so I don't have much dead head time. While returning to Houston with just a pallet on my trailer, DOT pulled me into the new scale near Stuckey's on I-10 to be inspected.
Upon presenting DL/ Chl to Trooper Aron, he asked if I was carrying, which I was. He hands me back my Chl, tells me to put it away, that way he has one less thing to worry about loosing!
Trooper Aron was extremely professional and courteous through what ended up being almost 2 hrs there.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pulled over for level 1 inspection

Post by Jumping Frog »

Did you get through cleanly?

Lot of people are getting nailed on the changes in the 34 hr restart and the required 30 minute break that went into effect July 1st.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Mel

Post by Mel »

If you were only carrying a pallet, why 2 hrs?
As Paul Harvey would say, What's "the rest of the story?"
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Mel wrote:If you were only carrying a pallet, why 2 hrs?
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-securit ... levels.htm

You will note the complete absence of any mention of "load" in the description of a level 1 inspection. They are checking the truck, trailer, & driver's records.

Take a look at this checklist: http://utahmc.com/DTSA/drive_toolkit/fa ... ctions.pdf
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

Jumping Frog wrote:Did you get through cleanly?

Lot of people are getting nailed on the changes in the 34 hr restart and the required 30 minute break that went into effect July 1st.
Fraid not, I had hooked my breakaway cable with my safety chain somehow :banghead: so that got me an o.o.s. ticket. Being I run local allows me not having to log. I pull a 25' goose with my gvw under 26 so no cdl to mess with at this time.

Topic author
elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

Pawpaw wrote:
Mel wrote:If you were only carrying a pallet, why 2 hrs?
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-securit ... levels.htm

You will note the complete absence of any mention of "load" in the description of a level 1 inspection. They are checking the truck, trailer, & driver's records.

Take a look at this checklist: http://utahmc.com/DTSA/drive_toolkit/fa ... ctions.pdf
Correct, truck, trailer & paperwork.
Most of my time there was waiting due to the line. Truck in front of me had many issues it seemed due to he had to park after his lengthy inspection.

My load was headed to S Korea so looked over paperwork longer than usual, don't know why but all was good.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”