Houston Metro Police

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mjoplin
Posts in topic: 1

Houston Metro Police

Post by mjoplin »

Got pulled over by Metro police yesterday evening while leaving downtown via the 45 HOV. Before he got to the window I had it rolled down, wallet with ID on the dash, hands on the wheel at 10 & 2, and declared CHL when he asked for license and proof of insurance.

He just shrugged when I mentioned the CHL, admonished me for speeding coming onto the HOV (which I was), and gave me a warning. Wife was in the car with me, there looked to be a team of 3 out there looking for HOV violators.

6 minutes start to finish, the officer was polite, and I got off very lucky.

Pleased with first (and hopefully only) encounter with CHL.
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

texanjoker

Re: Houston Metro Police

Post by texanjoker »

mjoplin wrote:Got pulled over by Metro police yesterday evening while leaving downtown via the 45 HOV. Before he got to the window I had it rolled down, wallet with ID on the dash, hands on the wheel at 10 & 2, and declared CHL when he asked for license and proof of insurance.

He just shrugged when I mentioned the CHL, admonished me for speeding coming onto the HOV (which I was), and gave me a warning. Wife was in the car with me, there looked to be a team of 3 out there looking for HOV violators.

6 minutes start to finish, the officer was polite, and I got off very lucky.

Pleased with first (and hopefully only) encounter with CHL.
:thumbs2:

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”