Think this would've ended better if he was open carrying?

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Think this would've ended better if he was open carrying?

Post by A-R »

For those who say they'll refuse to identify while open carrying, do you think that will end better or worse for you than it did for this driver who failed to ID and started ignorantly spouting off about his knowledge of the law (granted, this is a legitimate traffic stop which is different than what may be some pedestrian OC stops) ...

http://www.leoaffairs.com/video/raw-vid ... w-smashed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you REALLY know all the laws, or do you just think you know all the laws?

Just food for thought.

The Annoyed Man

Re: Think this would've ended better if he was open carrying

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A-R wrote:For those who say they'll refuse to identify while open carrying, do you think that will end better or worse for you than it did for this driver who failed to ID and started ignorantly spouting off about his knowledge of the law (granted, this is a legitimate traffic stop which is different than what may be some pedestrian OC stops) ...

http://www.leoaffairs.com/video/raw-vid ... w-smashed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you REALLY know all the laws, or do you just think you know all the laws?

Just food for thought.
He probably doesn't recognize the authority of the court to impose a fine, or the authority of a judge to issue a warrant either. People like that are totally assinine
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

It doesn't matter if you know them or don't know them. You're working with someone that has been granted the authority to enforce the laws as he/she knows them, not as you know them. And that someone is indemnified against making a "reasonable" mistake in terms of knowing the law.

To me, that means be polite, don't spout off, and even if you DO know better, you had better approach it in a an appealing matter...

The alternative is expensive one way or another. How much is being proven right worth to you?

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

That guy is a moron. If your gonna try that "I know the law" thing, at least know the law so you don't sound ignorant. That cop had more patience than I would of.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

If you're going to spout the law, it would be good to know the law
This is the in the Transportation Code.
Sec. 545.352. PRIMA FACIE SPEED LIMITS (a) A speed in excess of the limits established by Subsection (b) or under another provision of this subchapter is prima facie evidence that the speed is not reasonable and prudent and that the speed is unlawful.
(b) Unless a special hazard exists that requires a slower speed for compliance with Section 545.351(b), the following speeds are lawful:
(1) 30 miles per hour in an urban district on a street other than an alley and 15 miles per hour in an alley;
(2) except as provided by Subdivision (4), 70 miles per hour on a highway numbered by this state or the United States outside an urban district, including a farm-to-market or ranch-to-market road;
(3) except as provided by Subdivision (4), 60 miles per hour on a highway that is outside an urban district and not a highway numbered by this state or the United States;
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

If that cop worked in my city, I would look him up and buy him the biggest lunch he could want.

"what right, as a man, do you have to pull over another man" :smilelol5: "rlol" :woohoo :anamatedbanana

Im hurting from laughing so hard.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Of course I wasn't there, but the driver slurred his words so bad it makes me wonder if he wasn't under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Crazy guy. I bet he would call 911 if he walked out of a store and found his vehicle stolen. Morons like this only want to enjoy the benefits a peaceful Society affords them and they don't want to help pay for it or follow the rules. Like others said that LEO had a lot more patience than I could have managed.

Would have been a better video if he pulled out his stun gun and gave him the shakes while he was in his diatribe about the law. Just buzz him lightly in mid sentence a few times to make him stutter....
III

jmra

Post by jmra »

I'm surprised he got the phone back to post the video.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Not really fair posting a complete moron as an example. This guy was soliciting catastrophe. "rlol" That behavior is asking for trouble under any conceivable circumstances. It's pure stupidity to think you're going to "educate" a cop during a traffic stop even if you are within your rights and know what you're talking about. When you try to do it and you're a clueless moron you're likely to get a very big surprise.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”