Officer body-cam footage Palestine

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Jim Lockey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Officer body-cam footage Palestine

Post by Jim Lockey »

Wow, I was raised in Palestine, but haven't lived there since 1951.

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ShootDontTalk »

carlson1 wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:
I would almost bet the farm that both officers were carrying either Gold Dots or Federal HST.
You lost the farm. :lol: They carry Winchester Ranger.
Oh no. No more federal farm subsidies! :lol:

I forgot about that one. In reality, there are a lot of loads that offer satisfactory performance.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nightmare69 »

Officer Griffin made a huge mistake going for her taser when the suspect pulls a firearm. Always go for your sidearm when the suspect pulls a lethal weapon. Other then that, good shoot.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SA_Steve »

I know those two places well (many visits 1964-2013), the Walmart parking lot is crime central.

Meth and prostitution everywhere

The Applebees is just across the Wal parking lot.

Palestine PD and Anderson Co, TX LEO's stay very busy, as do the 22 lawyers in that town of 20,000 people.
You may have the last word.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Awesome reaction by Sgt. Green. Looks like a perfectly executed "adrenaline fueled" response to me. I hope this doesn't effect him too much. The BG got exactly what he needed and Sgt. Green should get a raise for saving taxpayers money...
III

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Vol Texan wrote:Wow, in looking at these videos again, it appears that Officer Green didn't just do a good job...he did an OUTSTANDING job of keeping himself and his partner alive.
rbwhatever1 wrote:Awesome reaction by Sgt. Green. Looks like a perfectly executed "adrenaline fueled" response to me. I hope this doesn't effect him too much. The BG got exactly what he needed and Sgt. Green should get a raise for saving taxpayers money...
It wasn't until I looked at Officer Griffin's video the second time that I realized Officer Green first put his hands on the suspect and physically threw him away, and while the perp was stumbling, Officer Green drew and shot. Smart thinking. If he had simply drawn first, the perp would have had time to shoot but placing hands on him and physically controlling him interrupted the whole perp OODA loop and allowed Officer Green to get ahead of the perp and prevail.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Wow, in looking at these videos again, it appears that Officer Green didn't just do a good job...he did an OUTSTANDING job of keeping himself and his partner alive.
rbwhatever1 wrote:Awesome reaction by Sgt. Green. Looks like a perfectly executed "adrenaline fueled" response to me. I hope this doesn't effect him too much. The BG got exactly what he needed and Sgt. Green should get a raise for saving taxpayers money...
It wasn't until I looked at Officer Griffin's video the second time that I realized Officer Green first put his hands on the suspect and physically threw him away, and while the perp was stumbling, Officer Green drew and shot. Smart thinking. If he had simply drawn first, the perp would have had time to shoot but placing hands on him and physically controlling him interrupted the whole perp OODA loop and allowed Officer Green to get ahead of the perp and prevail.
You prompted me to take a another look at the videos & pretty much saw it as you.

From what I "think" I saw, was Green at first trying to physically restrain the BG & then he changed tactics as the BG twisted out of his grasp. Green then gave a shove...and this is where it gets impressive - Green's gun hand is almost at shoulder level at the 56 sec mark into the video, he then draws and is hitting the target multiple times at 57 secs. The BG is going down at the 58 sec mark!

Words cant convey Green's amazing craftsmanship.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

Jim Beaux wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
You prompted me to take a another look at the videos.

From what I "think" I saw, was Green at first trying to physically restrain the BG & then he changed tactics as the BG twisted out of his grasp. Green then gave a shove...and this is where it gets impressive - Green's gun hand is almost at shoulder level at the 56 sec mark into the video, he then draws and is hitting the target multiple times at 57 secs. The BG is going down at the 58 sec mark!

Words cant convey Green's amazing craftsmanship.
:iagree:
He was also able to move the subject so that he wasn't drawing his weapon and firing in the direction of his partner.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Robert*PPS

Post by Robert*PPS »

carlson1 wrote:I know Sgt. Green personally. Is a fine Christian man with a lot of kids and compassion for people.

Do stupid things and you win stupid prizes. It's hard to believe he would pull a gun on two police officers.
Thoughts and prayers for the officers involved.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

I do not want to come across as a Monday morning quarterback or second guess our fine officers. From my perspective not at least frisking the man in the restroom could have proved to be a fatal mistake, the officer was walking in front of him with back turned to exit the restaurant, seems that is a bad position to be in with a man with a gun. Glad it turned out fine, that should be a teaching moment though....
Salty1

ELB

Post by ELB »

The guy with the BB gun was being looked at because employees at nearby store say the saw him trying to steal beer. He left the store and the responding cops tracked him down to the restroom in the restaurant.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-shooti ... ed-replica" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USAF 1982-2005

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

carlson1 wrote:I know Sgt. Green personally. Is a fine Christian man with a lot of kids and compassion for people.

Do stupid things and you win stupid prizes. It's hard to believe he would pull a gun on two police officers.
:iagree: Pulling a [BB] gun on two armed officers for trying to steal beer? This man must have had a death wish.
NRA Endowment Member

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

Those "body" cams were pretty cool too. It looks like they are head mounted instead of chest mounted. That seemed to give a good perspective. I have know idea how comfortable they are to wear or how stable on the head if you have to run but I have to think those are better than chest mounted for the view they give. Like if the officer had to peek around a corner or something like that.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

jmra wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
carlson1 wrote:The suspect pulled a BB gun. Sgt Green fired 12 rapid shots from a Glock 22 (very snappy round). He is an excellent shot, but you just carry what the department gives you. I am assuming the suspect knew he had a BB gun so this he must have wanted to die.
I only count nine, and then officer Griffin fires three.
Griffin seemed a little late to the party.
May be, but looking at her cam she was in firing position about the same time as Green. She then went to low ready and back up to fire.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Jumping Frog wrote:It wasn't until I looked at Officer Griffin's video the second time that I realized Officer Green first put his hands on the suspect and physically threw him away, and while the perp was stumbling, Officer Green drew and shot. Smart thinking. If he had simply drawn first, the perp would have had time to shoot but placing hands on him and physically controlling him interrupted the whole perp OODA loop and allowed Officer Green to get ahead of the perp and prevail.
Yes I saw that when I watched the video. That move probably saved his life and that of his partner who made a mistake which cost her precious time.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”