LEO lip sync videos are a thing now...very entertaining.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

LEO lip sync videos are a thing now...very entertaining.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I'm not sure where it started, but many law enforcement agencies are putting out
videos where they are lip syncing songs, dancing, visiting a zoo, and many include
large numbers of the citizens they are protecting.

I haven't got the time at the moment to post a lot of links but some of the agencies involved are:
Fort Worth PD - Alanis Morrisette (sp?).
Washington County, MN & many neighboring MN counties who took the challenge.
New Mexico State Police.
San Juan? County, NM.
Either San Antonio, TX PD or Bexar County Sherriff's Dept.

These videos are quite entertaining and put a very human face on those who protect us
by running to gunfire (as long as they aren't from Coward County, FL).

If anyone would like to add some of these links, I and many viewers would appreciate that.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bigtek
Banned

Re: LEO lip sync videos are a thing now...very entertaining.

Post by bigtek »

Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

O.K., I'm just an old grump so I don't care to see the police trying to be entertaining especially given my loathing for entertainers expressing their generally commie views...

I want my LEO to just do their jobs with dignity is plenty good enough for me.

Now, get off my lawn!

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Abraham wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 am O.K., I'm just an old grump so I don't care to see the police trying to be entertaining especially given my loathing for entertainers expressing their generally commie views...

Now, get off my lawn!
This is the very interesting debate that has been stirred in the LEO community over these videos. Some officers are saying it is good PR and helps them get in touch with the community. They see it as presenting a humanizing side of police so people will be less earful of them. Others see it as undignified and destroying the image of professionalism the police are supposed to be working on. The Abilene police chief even posted a comment on their facebook page forbidding his officers from participating because they have better things to devote their time to, such as crime fighting.

I can see both sides of the issue. It does hurt the police professional image that they should be cultivating, but at the same time it is helping them relate to the community and get support. I come down on allowing those who so desire to make the video, but it better be when they are having a slow day. The police need all the good community relations they can get right now, and they really need to stop being their own worst enemy in PR. Being professional would certainly help them, especially in communications with the community.
Steve Rothstein

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

srothstein wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:32 pm
Abraham wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 am O.K., I'm just an old grump so I don't care to see the police trying to be entertaining especially given my loathing for entertainers expressing their generally commie views...

Now, get off my lawn!
This is the very interesting debate that has been stirred in the LEO community over these videos. Some officers are saying it is good PR and helps them get in touch with the community. They see it as presenting a humanizing side of police so people will be less earful of them. Others see it as undignified and destroying the image of professionalism the police are supposed to be working on. The Abilene police chief even posted a comment on their facebook page forbidding his officers from participating because they have better things to devote their time to, such as crime fighting.

I can see both sides of the issue. It does hurt the police professional image that they should be cultivating, but at the same time it is helping them relate to the community and get support. I come down on allowing those who so desire to make the video, but it better be when they are having a slow day. The police need all the good community relations they can get right now, and they really need to stop being their own worst enemy in PR. Being professional would certainly help them, especially in communications with the community.

Many of the ones I have seen had a disclaimer saying that the officers filmed the video when they were not on duty.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Mel

Post by Mel »

I guess I watched the wrong videos above. I didn't see anything entertaining at all!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

srothstein wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:32 pmThe police need all the good community relations they can get right now, and they really need to stop being their own worst enemy in PR. Being professional would certainly help them, especially in communications with the community.
:iagree:

It's going to take a lot more than lip sync videos to overcome images of cops hiding behind cars while children get massacred by a lone attacker, mil-wanna-bees invading a citizen's home to seize videos of cops behaving badly, cop groups pushing gun control, cops shooting innocent people and not going to jail, etc.

Cops speaking out publicly against abuse of power would do a lot more than goofy youtube videos.

Good cops refusing to allow bad cops to hide behind the shield would show the public there are good cops.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

from what I've seen of it over the last couple of weeks, it started in Texas, but I think it's starting to spread.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”