Weird Stop by LEO

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Weird Stop by LEO

Post by RPBrown »

Used to be that plates had to be replaced every 8 years. That law changed a few years ago
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

RPBrown wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:52 am Used to be that plates had to be replaced every 8 years. That law changed a few years ago
As of November 1, 2016, the State of Texas no longer automatically requires you replace your plates after 7 years. You can still request (and pay for) at your county tax office for replacement plates if the license plate needs to be replaced for cosmetic or readability reasons.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

E.Marquez wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:44 am
RPBrown wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:52 am Used to be that plates had to be replaced every 8 years. That law changed a few years ago
As of November 1, 2016, the State of Texas no longer automatically requires you replace your plates after 7 years. You can still request (and pay for) at your county tax office for replacement plates if the license plate needs to be replaced for cosmetic or readability reasons.
Didn't know the law had changed. Now in addition to all the administrative add-ons for re-registration we get to pay for new plates. LOL
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

I think the law changed when they started allowing the customized plates by the third party vendor MyPlates.com.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I know my veterans plates are transferable from vehicle to vehicle. I put the same plates on my new truck that were on my old truck a couple of months ago. I don't know how it's supposed to work but they sent me regular plates with my registration. I went down to the tax office and filled out the forms to move my old plates to my new truck. Veterans plates are free to get but I have not found out yet if they are free when you want new ones...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

ELB

Post by ELB »

srothstein wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:17 pm ...It is much more likely that they typed the LP into the MDT and made a mistake typing. The return comes back to a different car and they stop it to check it out.
I would put money on this. I got stopped by a cop in Beeville because my plates didn't match my truck. He was interested in my four door F350 because its popular with smugglers, and when the plates didn't match. When I showed him my CHL, he frowned, asked me to wait a moment, and went back to run the plates again. When he came back he apologized and said he had transposed two digits the first time so of course a different vehicle came back.
USAF 1982-2005

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I only got tags every 10 years are so !
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”